• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

sub woofer box

BeauBonyx

Reaction score
I know I will probably get shamed but
I was wondering if anyone know where i can order a sub box for a e body?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I used to own a car stereo shop in the 90's. You are best to build your own box. What are you going to run as far as woofer size? I ran 2 8's on each side of the quarter panels and 2 12's under the speaker shelf facing forward to the rear seat.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with updating the sound system in these old cars. I ran the wires just in case.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I modernized the sound system in the Imperial because I drive it so much but I'd like to do the same in the vert. No room in the trunk though that's for sure!

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I used to run 2 10 inch woofers, 2 6x9's and two dash speakers in my vert. Nothing was cut in the car. I later found a set of door panels that were almost free because they had speaker holes cut into them. I'll be adding them when the car goes back on the road. I'm using speaker grilles from a 96 Jaguar XJS parts car. The door speakers will look stock to most people.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
My back panels have 4" round speakers cut in at some time in the distant past and they didn't even sound good. When I put the car back together last time I didn't even hook them back up.

hofilbert

Reaction score
Here's my subwoofer in my 'cuda convertible. It was custom made at a sound shop. It also has an amp attached on the backside. I am not risking marring up my endura bumpers with a jack and using a $1100 inflatable spare tire if I ever get a rare, rare flat, so that was removed. I still have plenty of room on the sides and in front of the speaker.
If you want something off the shelf and still use your jack and spare, there used to be a product called "Bazookas" which was a large 8-10" dia. PVC tube and an outlet port on top that works as the same principles as my box shown. The air comes out the small port. You could just buy one Bazooka speaker tube and set it in one side of the trunk.
subwoof.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Matt, my vert rear panels were cut the same way at one time. I have an NOS set for it now. The speakers sounded bad because there is nothing enclosing them. You are listening to both sides of the speaker. Jag, Mercedes, and some BMW's have a box that mounts around the rear speakers in the rear deck. You could use one of the boxes behind your speakers for a much better sound.

BeauBonyx

Reaction score
I used to own a car stereo shop in the 90's. You are best to build your own box. What are you going to run as far as woofer size? I ran 2 8's on each side of the quarter panels and 2 12's under the speaker shelf facing forward to the rear seat.
it is one ten.
do you have a picture of your setup?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Not anymore. I lost most non digital photos when my home was pretty much destroyed in a 2005 hurricane.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Thanks BeauBonyx. We survived and moved on. I learned a lot about flooding and now keep cars up on jack stands while waiting for restoration. I now store family pictures on cd's and car titles, etc. in waterproof cases made for the boating industry.

Last edited:
Back