• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

suspension

split window

Reaction score
Is there anything new for front suspension items?
Looking at BAC & Firm Feel plus AlterKation Qa1 etc.
1970 440 A/C auto ice cream getter and show car.
when I brake it pulls to the right & I would like the steering to have a firmer feel.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would use the QA1 crossmember with a Borgeson steering box & retain the Torsion bars , Hotchkiss has some very good parts or you can install there kits complete with bigger T bars & Sway bars that are hollow , you can get past 1G cornering with Hotchkiss parts .
Tires & wheels are 1/2 of the trick to better cornering also .
My good friend used Cbody spindles & reworked his front end with better set up & viper brakes .
I would avoid front steer / rack & pinion as you can end up with Pinto parts & there is no lower ball joint that allows for proper Ackerman with front steer.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
3487D19C-BC9A-4082-BC6D-973908BE07AE.jpeg

split window

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, I just looked at Ride Techs kit. I like the fast ratio pitman arm from Firm Feel. The Bergman spc upper control arms look spot on.
Do you mean the K-Member from QA1? I need to call all above and see if this will all work together.

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. If you have front drum brakes, that is the likely cause of the pull. Otherwise a worn strut rod bushing can cause the same thing.
Get her up in the air and and do a complete inspection.
If you are going to upgrade the front suspension, might as well do it all and upgrade the brakes as well. Can't be too safe...

split window

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. If you have front drum brakes, that is the likely cause of the pull. Otherwise a worn strut rod bushing can cause the same thing.
Get her up in the air and and do a complete inspection.
If you are going to upgrade the front suspension, might as well do it all and upgrade the brakes as well. Can't be too safe...
Thank you, they are disc in the front.

Back