• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Timing chain sets

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I'm gathering all the parts for my engine build and was wondering about the timing chain+ gears. The 440 has been punched out 40 over/ with stroker kit, Holley street dominator intake , aluminum heads match ported to intake,( these are the heads sold on Ebay for $1700) They are actually pro comp reworked with roller rockers seemed like a decent deal for the money. comp cam 21-671-4 and numerous other add ons. Just wondering which T/C set to buy, they range from 30- 130 dollars. I don't mind spening more if more is better. Don't know if I need extra key ways. Thanks for you help. Rick

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I use the JP Performance sets out of Australia , billet gears , 7 keyways & a torrington brg against the block all for $90 range

Brads70

Reaction score
I use the JP Performance sets out of Australia , billet gears , 7 keyways & a torrington brg against the block all for $90 range

Neil, who sells them in north america? Getting tired of the gear drive still? LOL

this part #? JP 5606T any special machining to the block for the torrington bearing? Just bolt in and go?

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I bought them through Mopac , I do not have the part # handy but just bolt & go although I always degreed them in so I could use the correct Keyway . Summit or Jegs carry them ? I doubt youhave Mopac in the east but they would ship

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
just another good option , I think I have used approx a dozen sets with no issues , nice piece too

Back