• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Turn signal switch on ‘73 Challenger

Woody0371

Reaction score
Today my turn signal lever got really loose and stopped working. I’m hoping that the screw in the stalk has backed out and that’s it, but when I get in there to check everything out,

Can you use an 11 wire switch in place of the 8 wire? (Leaving the smaller plug abandoned). I have a spare 11 wire repro, laying around.

Last edited:

RJH

Reaction score
Have you tried dis-connecting the turn signal switch under the steering column. then plug your spare switch in and test the signals and 4 ways?

fasjac

Reaction score
Was the signals working before it got loose? The reason I’m asking is my lever got loose about a month ago. I have all new stuff in mine. I just pulled the can and noticed the black screw got loose. Tightened back and good to go.
I don’t use any thread lock on those components. Not sure about 11 wire in place of 8.

Woody0371

Reaction score
Yeah it did, I need to pull the can as soon as I can. I’m hoping it’s just a loose stalk.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Usually the screw will get loose & the switch is just fine you can use some blue locktite on the screw to keep it tight .
The 11 wire switch will work just fine , the extra 3 wire pigtail is for cornering lights on the sides of the fenders on Chrysler C bodies I generally cut the extra harness off right at the switch before installing them . TW7 is the part # from Standard , it is available from Roseville Moparts or Rock Auto

Woody0371

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys, I got to it this afternoon and bought a steering wheel puller. It was just a loose screw on the stalk. Phew... so now I have the experience if/when I need to change anything in the steering column.

Back