• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Update on Progress 1970 R/T

Milduff

Reaction score
Ok, after many nites getting the bugs worked out on this rewire, I'm happy to report that all issues have been resolved except...... when running/headlights are on should I not have all bulbs lit across rear end ? As it stands right now I only have outers on each tail light. I'm pretty sure they all came on before rewire.
Any help is as always appreciated.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
true all 4 bulbs should be lit , how are the grounds , after a repaint the lights rarely ground although it should be all or none not just 2

moparleo

Reaction score
You might want to add ground wires to your tailights. Simple and well worth your time. Just run wires from the tail light assemblies and attach to the body making sure that there is no paint or rust under the crimped ends of your new ground wires.

Milduff

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, ground wires have been attached, turns out brand new bulbs were bad, what are the odds that one on each side would be bad. All is well. Felt good to take the car for a spin today. Wouldnt you know it....speedo is talking to me. Time for new cable I guess. Who has the correct length w/firewall grommet?

moparleo

Reaction score
Be sure to replace all of your bulbs with American made bulbs like Sylvania's ..... No Taiwan or Chinese stuff.
You might try to take out cable from the sheath and clean and lube it before you replace anything. Usually the old grease clotts up, and the cable is ok.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the best cables are still available from Mopar , check with Dave @ Roseville for best pricing , I agree with cleaning & lubing it first , the noise could also be in the speedo head .

Back