• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Vinyl top

sunger

Reaction score
I have a 70 cuda, triple black, but one part of the vinyl top doesn't look good. Along the top of the car there are two seams that stick up, and the top and seams look great. Below the rear window there is a strip of vinyl maybe an inch and a half long, and the two seams continue through that section. The seam on the right (passenger) side sticks up and appears to be coming off. I don't want to mess with it until I know a little more. Is it simply an added on piece that I can remove? If so, where could I find 2 pieces so I could replace both? Any help is really appreciated.

sunger

Reaction score
Ugh! The strip is fine, just the 1 seam piece on the right side isn't. The top seam looks as if it patt of the vinyl, but the bottom 2 pieces look different. I was hoping they are simply added on.
I would remove the molding at the bottom of the rear window to see why it is lifting. Could be rust. Common on vinyl tops.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
A picture might help. They are not separate pieces when you buy a top, they are stitched together. Might be able to be fixed?

Back