• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Waiting on spring/bored. Let's see some of your motorcycles.....

mmissile

Reaction score
My pair I ride.....

16kqqky.jpg

2uqhy5z.jpg

Racer57

Reaction score
'04 HD Springer, 2012 HD FatBoy, 2010 Honda Goldwing
Sold the Springer shortly after this photo was taken.

IMG_9853.jpg

moaparman25

Reaction score
Ur a brave man, not sure you could pay me to ride a 'busa lol I sold my 08 Buell 2 years ago after a near miss nearly left my kids without a dad lol

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Me and a couple friends have been riding liter+ sportbikes for over 30 years. That B-king in the pic has 182HP/104 torq at the rear wheel. It's a beast.

mmissile

Reaction score
I was moving stuff around today, and dug my museum piece out into the light of day. I wanted to ride today, but too many things to do.........

ran8qt.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
The old saying that there are 2 types of riders. Those that have gone down, and those who are going down. Been down hard back 45 years ago. Went down under the bike, a 250cc Suzuki. No shoes, no shirt, no helmet, no gloves. They were peeling the sheets off of me everyday for 10 days, no top layer of skin from the left side of my face to my waist. Brain surgery, left foot got ground up on the asphalt and rear spokes. Sewed 3 of my toes back on. Still rode off and on for another 15 years. The street is just not safe to ride a bike on. Lost too many friends from people turning in front of them or blowing through a stop sign and getting T-boned. Nobody see's you even if they really do. Too many more close calls. Too fat for the dirt now. 4 wheels from now on..

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
I don't know anybody who hasn't been down, and I've been on the pavement, twice. We've always worn good gear, and that's what has probably kept us from stories like yours. I've also lost a couple friends on bikes.......but more in cars. We ride[fast and judiciously] in places more appropriate than in the urban areas. These things are faster, easier to store, and cheaper than the 4-wheeled monsters I own. They also don't break down. Close calls aren't something to worry about...collisions are. I have close calls in my daily cars, daily. If you are careful, wear gear, and understand what's going on around you, motorcycles are the best. Riding bikes, is something I'll continue to do as long as I'm physically able, and I won't relegate myself to a lawn chair in a parking lot or fairgrounds to sit in the sun, talking the same stuff, to the same people, in the same places.

Bill

Reaction score
Geez Leo, sounds like you got just a little messed up there. And lived to tell about it. I raced road bicycle and velodrome "back in the day". Made a little "street pizza" time to time from crashing. Was trying to get back into it at an age graded level a few years ago when diagnosed with (ready for this) hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart, basketball players that suddenly die on the basketball court). Unfortunately sudden death is one of the side effects. People who die from it are usually people who don't know they have it. They tell me that more than likely I am going to die from something other than heart failure (cast iron pot to the side of the head from my wife maybe), I just can't race any more.I rode my bicycle 30 miles today up here in Vermont. I did purchase a 1981 Honda 900C new in 1982 and put 50,000 miles on it in 4 years while living in New England. My Challenger is my mid life "Harley Davidson" (way more "COOL"). (Funny picture and picture of my Eddy Merckx, 1990 vintage with modern Campagnolo 11 speed)
.Picture 382.jpgmotorcyclist.jpg

motorcyclist.jpg

Picture 382.jpg

Last edited:

djais1801

Reaction score
I had a Honda shadow 800 back in the day...laid her down after a cab ran a red light...I stick to 4 wheels since then

mmissile

Reaction score
If there was somewhere closer to home to ride trails...I think I'd get another enduro type bike. Even at my old age and 2 replaced knees.

Last edited:
Back