• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

what have you done to your mopar today?

moparlee

Reaction score
I had trouble with my 383 leaking at the rear main seal after a rebuild. Stock retainer, lip seal, and side seals. Changed it out with another new lip seal and new side seals and it still leaked. Side seals were soaked and siliconed both times. The third time around I went with what the factory originally did, a rope seal. All is good now. I have heard of guys shaving the retainer a few thousands to squeeze the lip a little.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I may try the rope seal this time around in the 383 from my Challenger. Pulled the original rope main and sides out of it for the rebuild and the car hadn't leaked up to that point. How can you argue with those results???

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
painted the 400.
Nothing special. 50K stock 78 truck motor.
Just can't put it into a car without it looking good. Even if temporary.

431_zps8183c37a.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice work Cuda Hunter! I was doing the same thing yesterday, cleaning and cabinet blasting engine parts. My oil pan was dented up pretty badly so I hammer and dolly(d) it back into shape after cleaning but before media blasting.
You should flatten out the bolt holes on your pan, it looks to have been over tightened at some point. It'll be less likely to leak if you get that whole mounting surface flat.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I have flattened and flattened and flattened the bolt holes.
This pan is welded to fit the car with the set up it has.
A body, small block K frame , so it's tight. That oil pan has been through hell and back.

If I change the oil pan, I would need to change the K member, exhaust, driveshaft, etc. etc.
So , it will leak a little.

Any good dog marks it's territory.

Relax426

Reaction score
I disassembled my original Cuda dash. Fortunately only two pieces were broken. the dash frame has no rust so its a start. I also hit 100 mph in my 15 Challenger Scat Pack at an undisclosed location.

djais1801

Reaction score
I disassembled my original Cuda dash. Fortunately only two pieces were broken. the dash frame has no rust so its a start. I also hit 100 mph in my 15 Challenger Scat Pack at an undisclosed location.

I'm a big fan of the style changes for 2015. I am in the minority but for me the 71 was more appealing than 70-74, and the 2015 gives more of a 71 look to it.

Adam

Reaction score
I just finished a power steering conversion on my 1948 Power Wagon yesterday. I have to run new brake lines and finished the front line today... Not an E-body, but definitely Mopar :)
Picture 002.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Beautiful Power Wagon! Looks like it's ready to turn around and drive right up that hill in search of some trails.

Adam

Reaction score
Beautiful Power Wagon! Looks like it's ready to turn around and drive right up that hill in search of some trails.
Thank you. It is fun to drive for a short time but quickly becomes a pain... it has the factory suspension; 11 leafs per side on the front, and 14 per side on the back! I don't know why it has shocks, the suspension does not seem to move enough to matter... I think the expression "It rides like a truck" came from these... there is a Power Wagon Forum( http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/wwwboard/index.html ) that may interest some of you guys. The forum archives have tons of good tech about almost everything.

And on topic of this thread, I bled the front brakes this morning with my 12 yr old son (trying to teach him something)..

Bill

Reaction score
Finished buffing and glazing today. Looks like "glass".012.jpg016.jpg

012.jpg

016.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Very nice Bill!
Cuda Hunter, what exactly are you building? How about some details and more pics of the specimen.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'm just putting a non built 50K miles 1978 400 into my 67 barracuda.
Nothing special.
I have a 72 400 that I'm in the starting thoughts of building a stroker for the same car.
Here is a pic of the car. I know. Not what any of you guys like, but it's the first mopar I ever drove. Now it's mine.

029_zps19854086.jpg

spun a bearing or two on the 383 that was in it. E85 at 8K. Not surprising.
049_zpsb93cb434.jpg

42 gallon tank in the car. This way I can drive 100 miles and not need to stop for gas. 4:10's
048_zps22d3f3f0.jpg

Back