• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What is this Part?

1969VADart

Reaction score
I am cleaning out all of the miscellaneous parts that were piled in my Challenger project and I came upon this part under a bunch of stuff. Anyone have any idea what it is? I thought maybe a fuel filler neck, but that doesn't appear to make sense with a cap on one end and a bunch of tubes coming out the other end. Of course it is entirely possible that this part has nothing to do with the car, but I am not sure.

3560CBEF-37F8-43B1-B8AD-626A0031790B_zpsneyq3eak.jpg

3D34C8EA-5657-48A1-A673-2C919DF645CF_zps5j7qb7ev.jpg

AUSTA

Reaction score
Its the fuel tank expansion system fits in the trunk R/H side not sure what models i have 1 on my 70 A66 dont know why they had so many pipes

moparlee

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the hoses below the trunk floor and of the 4 connections on the gas tank. The 5th line on the separator tube is from the valve cover cap.
2 - Oct 12-14 (120).JPG
4 - Oct 27-14 (28).JPG

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
its part of the emissions...the lines go up to the engine compartment and into a coal canister(or what ever you call it..black cylinder looking thing on the passenger side by the horns)....I took all that stuff of my car...dont really need it...

Moparparts

Reaction score
I am cleaning out all of the miscellaneous parts that were piled in my Challenger project and I came upon this part under a bunch of stuff. Anyone have any idea what it is? I thought maybe a fuel filler neck, but that doesn't appear to make sense with a cap on one end and a bunch of tubes coming out the other end. Of course it is entirely possible that this part has nothing to do with the car, but I am not sure.

3560CBEF-37F8-43B1-B8AD-626A0031790B_zpsneyq3eak.jpg

3D34C8EA-5657-48A1-A673-2C919DF645CF_zps5j7qb7ev.jpg
What year is your Challenger and did it have N95 emissions?

1969VADart

Reaction score
its part of the emissions...the lines go up to the engine compartment and into a coal canister(or what ever you call it..black cylinder looking thing on the passenger side by the horns)....I took all that stuff of my car...dont really need it...

I am installing a completely new motor in the car. Does that mean I don't need that part?

What year is your Challenger and did it have N95 emissions?

The car is a 72 Challenger. Don't know about the emissions, but I don't think the fender tag had any code that indicated it did when I decoded it.

quapman

Reaction score
It all depends on what gas tank you use. You'll need a vent in any case. If you use a 70 tank, you can use the simpler single line vent. Yours was used on 71 thru mid 72 (then they went to the vents on the front with the small vapor tank above the axle).

Last edited:

/sixchall

Reaction score
DetMatt is right with his ECS diagram. I have this evap system on my own LA Calif. built car. My '70 Dodge Challenger has the gas tank with the vapor liquid separator which is located above the tank on the passenger side. On the fender tag is N95 for Cal emissions. My tank which has been cleaned many times professionally and replaced once with the same type tank has the 5 tubes. One tube goes directly up front to engine where the 3-nipple vent is on the rear of valve cover. My Dodge is a first day of production built car #113 from LA. All of my N95 emission parts are still there to this day. Beings that we no longer have to smog these vehicles, your dilemma is to use it for historical purposes or eliminate all of the smog stuff altogether. It will run perfectly fine without it.
Thanks, Al

Back