• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

what material is an original shaker bubble made from ?

Hemi T/A

Reaction score
my shaker bubble is an original Challenger part with the part number and pentastar embossed in the bottom side , I have a slight repair to make to one of the posts on the bottom side that the right grill is screwed to , (post is split and the hole is stripped oversize , due to an oversize fastener being forced into it ) . Is it ABS , plastic , or a type of fiberglass ? its a white plastic type material but not sure if ABS , or what ? I want to make sure to use the proper repair compound to fix it . thanks in advance .

Last edited:

Steve340

Reaction score
I think it is a type of fibreglass. Not plastic or ABS.
Perhaps the epoxy resin to repair a steering wheel would be OK??????????

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Any pictures of what you are dealing with on the Shaker scoop?

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
Question - Don't some of the repop bubbles have the part number and pentastar on them as well?

Hemi T/A

Reaction score
Question - Don't some of the repop bubbles have the part number and pentastar on them as well?
I also have a repo bubble from Tommy the Chryco , its exact in every way except no pentastar , the part number is there in the same font . I asked tommy why it didnt have the pentastar and he said that they would be in trouble with copyright infringement unless they licensed it and then would have to pay big royalties . it would price the bubble out of most peoples reach , so they just left it off . I would have been more than happy to use that quality piece except the original one off my car became available so I bought it . ill keep the repo for a spare

Hemi T/A

Reaction score
a few pics for MoparCarGuy

B0E7D564-7960-458A-8908-F88CCDF01460.jpeg

2E863C79-4F4E-47BE-9C33-55BAB00CC005.jpeg

19DCE784-EC52-4743-8637-C4844061326E.jpeg

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
I ended up enlarging my repro scoop's pedestal posts by building up JB Weld epoxy around them. Early repro scoops did not do such a great job with the pedestal posts. Then I re-drilled them so I could install an aluminum Rivnut into each one. The Rivnuts were not expanded, just embedded into the epoxy. That allowed me to use stainless steel machine screws to attach the grilles.
A quick coat of primer cleaned up the epoxy work. I do not have the air door assembly so my scoop is always open.
Using a 14" K&N air filter with XStream air filter lid.

SHAKER Pedestal Repair Completed.jpeg
SHAKER Louvers Installed with RivNuts and 6-32 Machine Screws.jpeg

Our Shaker.jpg

Last edited:

rklein71

Reaction score
I have been pretty impressed with superglue and baking soda mixture. Look it up on YouTube.

Back