• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Which Carb for a 318 with an LB4D intake?

Pacoloco

Reaction score
Hi everyone, am getting my stock 318 rebuilt (I know, I know 318, really) but I want a daily driver with just a bit of power on a budget of course...

So after reading multiple post I decided to go with the LD4B intake with a Holley 570, but am not sure which model works best. Is it the Holley 4150? Electric or Manual Carb?

I apologize as I'm not really motor savy.

Oh, this is for a 74' Barracuda. Will also be doing headers and dual exhaust. Not sure what kind yet either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks,
-Pacoloco

ramenth

Reaction score
Vacuum secondary, electric choke, in the 600 cfm range. Something like a 0-80457S Holley.

As for headers, TTi's.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Nothing at all wrong with a 318. You can get 300 very streetable horsepower from one. Plus the 4 factory 4 speed automatic bolts right up to it.

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Just stay small with the carb. Over carbureting is the biggest rookie mistake made out there when trying to up grade a stock, small cubic inch engine. Air flow is pretty restricted on them so you want to keep vacuum high and airflow velocities high for good throttle response. Nothing worse than a big bog every time you stab the throttle.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
360 heads or the swirl port large port heads really help lot with the 318.

moper

Reaction score
I'd go with a Quick Fuel Slayer 600 or the Holley Street Avenger 570 VS. Either should be close to "bolt on and go".

Pacoloco

Reaction score
Ok, so I got the LD4B from ebay and cost-wise a used Holley 570 for best bang for buck and easy install?

Thanks again guys for all your help. I'll do an intro and start posting pictures soon on my build.

Back