• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

windshild install

2darts

Reaction score
need some instruction on installing a windshield on a 70 cuda, what thickness butal tape and any hints you can come up with. thanks for any help

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I wouldn't install myself. I just had one put in my Challenger and the pro I hired to do it for $160 bucks did a far better job than I ever could. He applied the butal from a gun and paid special attention to what that butal was going to look like from the outside once installed. Some things are just better left to the pros.

js29

Reaction score
butal tape is a thing of the past. what the pro's use is urethane adhesive you want the stuff that is heated. thickness should be about 3/8'' thick and depth set blocks should be used.as for tape go,s napa carries it and again 3/8'' is what i have used in the past. but i agree with mat

BarrsRestoration

Reaction score
I wouldn't install myself. I just had one put in my Challenger and the pro I hired to do it for $160 bucks did a far better job than I ever could. He applied the butal from a gun and paid special attention to what that butal was going to look like from the outside once installed. Some things are just better left to the pros.

It's spelled butyl, and it is not dispensed from "a gun" but is packaged in a spiral roll.
That's why some things are better left to the pros.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The guy I hired installs windshields for a living and brought all of his specialty tools and the adhesive in a tube that was applied with a caulk gun. Was it butyl? I don't know. Did I trust he knew what he was doing? Yes, he came highly recommended and that's why I hired him.

Back