• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiper Arm Clip/Keeper

73Challengr

Reaction score
Argh...broke the little clip wire that holds the wiper arm to the rotating spline drum (sorry don't know the correct part name).

I've attached a picture...any way to fix this retaining wire/clip or get it fixed? It would be cool to keep the original arm but my Challenger isn't 100% stock so if I have to buy an aftermarket part thats ok.

(Also, any advice on how to get the arms on without breaking this wire .... is greatly appreciated LOL).

Clip1.JPG

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
You need a different arm , I slide a small std screw driver under the arm & gently pry the tab away while rocking the end of the arm upward

73Challengr

Reaction score
Appreciate the info. I'll have to practice with the new ones. Keeping the spring strait and keeping that tag in, while trying to not scratch anything is a bit of a task.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I use this snap on wiper arm tool that my father probably bought 50 years ago. The easiest way to take off wiper arm effortlessly. With the spring tension on the arm I can’t see the arm falling off with out the clip. Not that we use the wipers anyway.

9DBD87A8-2B3A-4F20-8D95-D6DEFED90A93.jpeg

73Challengr

Reaction score
True, i'm not going to drive it in the rain that much, but might get caught. I was mostly putting them back on because I have a 4 year old and a wife that likes to "clean" LOL. I figure they can't get lost if they are on the car. You're right about that spring...very strong, it probably wouln't come off anyway. That tool is sweet, I'm going to try to find one.

Back