• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiring plug fix

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Broke wire on starter relay is there a way to get wire out of plug without messing it up.

20240521_080607.jpg

20240521_080601.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
There is a small tang on the clip holding it in place. Take a small flat and narrow screw driver and put it in the small end to release it and pull the clip out the other end. It might take a couple of tries to get it out.

terrywalker

Reaction score
Yes. I use the tools in this photo to remove the wires in the plastic housings. I use the flat pronged ones to depress the tang on the wire connector and slide it out of the plastic housing. You could probably make one out of a thin piece of stiff metal like an old jewelers screwdriver. You will need small needle nose pliers to pull it out after tang is depressed. If you have to do alot of wires, the tools are nice to have. The round ones on the multi-tool work for the round ones in steering column plugs.
Terry W.

Plug Tool.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Yes. I use the tools in this photo to remove the wires in the plastic housings. I use the flat pronged ones to depress the tang on the wire connector and slide it out of the plastic housing. You could probably make one out of a thin piece of stiff metal like an old jewelers screwdriver. You will need small needle nose pliers to pull it out after tang is depressed. If you have to do alot of wires, the tools are nice to have. The round ones on the multi-tool work for the round ones in steering column plugs.
Terry W.

View attachment 124328
Terry where did you get these tools?

terrywalker

Reaction score
You may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere. I did the bulkhead connection box wiring and the engine side plugs on the harnesses in about an hour with these tools. It takes practice but I got quick at it.
Terry W.

Back