• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Year One, A Closer Look

74 challenger

Reaction score
I thought roseville moparts was just as good and cheaper then yearone.Yearone wants $200 for the same engine harness and roseville wants $130 im thinking thats a no brainer.Please straighten me out please because i plan on buying one. Thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
Look at it this way. Most people make up shopping list before they go to the market. You get newspaper adds from different markets and each have some of your items on sale. Do you just buy the things at each market that are cheaper than the others or do you shop at one place that might be higher on this item but cheaper on other items overall. Most of us go to the same gas stations each fillup, and same restaraunts each week and same market each week. Bottom line is you buy wherever you are comfortable spending your money. No matter what you buy, if you look hard enough you can always find someone cheaper.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I thought roseville moparts was just as good and cheaper then yearone.Yearone wants $200 for the same engine harness and roseville wants $130 im thinking thats a no brainer.Please straighten me out please because i plan on buying one. Thanks

I went to rosevilles web site and most every part they listed was out of stock and not alot for ebodys to begin with. I will buy from YO with my 30% off discounts

440six

Reaction score
Year One only ships UPS. Living in Canada thats bad news. UPS rapes and pillages you at the Border. A 50.00 part will cost you double by the time its on your car. I've asked Year One to ship USPS, they declined. There are lots of other suppliers in the US and Canada that will ship USPS to help you cut your costs.
If you really want to use Year One products find a licence distributer in Canada. They buy bulk and save on shipping, they can pass the savings on to you.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I'm not knocking Year One at all, because when it comes right down to it I will buy from whoever's got what I need. I will shop around a bit first and generally I will end up with David over at Roseville Moparts. He has less in stock these days but you won't wait any longer for the parts from him then you would anywhere else you order from. I am local to him which makes a difference. I recently went to him with a long list of parts that I would have had to order from several different vendors and that in itself would have taken me a solid day to handle. I went in to Roseville, ordered everything from him, he gathered it all at his place for me, didn't charge me any shipping and I saved a bunch of cash to boot. I buy all my AMD metal from them too, usually at the local swap meets where I avoid the sales tax and delivery charges. In a nutshell, I start shopping at Roseville and go elsewhere if I need to.

ramenth

Reaction score
Back in my restoration days I dealt a lot with Year One. I closed shop almost a decade ago, so there was wasn't anywhere near the competition. Maybe National Parts Depot on a national scale and that was primarily it, dealing with a lot of cars across the board. Auto Body Specialties was another I dealt with a lot. Maybe a few others.

I was in the game to get cars done, done well, and make a profit. I was a "commercial" customer for Year One, meaning I didn't pay catalog price to begin with, but could charge catalog price, which was important.

But for me it was all about customer service.

I ordered a top for a '66 LeSabre convertible from Year One. Here's the trick, though: I needed a plastic curtain. LeSabre's came with a glass curtain, but the mechanism to keep the glass flat was missing from the car and the owner didn't want to hunt it down. Year One sent me a top for a Skylark. Got it out of the box and the top was half the size I needed. Called 'em up and explained that wasn't what I needed. Customer service rep took down all the information I could give him and called me back in a couple of hours.

UPS was at my door a day later with a return label to take the Skylark top back and three days later the proper top was in my hand, with a plastic curtain, drop shipped from Legendary. At the same price as the Skylark top.

Yup, the customer rep called Legendary for me, saving me time on the phone, and handled the matter completely professionally.

Things may have changed in the past decade or so, but I was well pleased with Year One.

Back