• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Year One, A Closer Look

RexDub

Reaction score
So comparatively all I hear is how much more expensive it is then the other restoration companies out there, yet it still holds a high position in the competition.
So I am asking you, Is it more expensive then the competition? On the other hand is the quality higher from Year One then the others? Let me know. :icon_silent: Thank you.

michael

Reaction score
What bugs me abut year one is the vast majority of the stuff they sell is stuff from other mfrg .Year one Will send you stuff still in the bag from where year one got it. Year one is a clearinghouse for other peoples stuff

RexDub

Reaction score
Really? What is MFRG? how is the shipping cost from Year One?

moparleo

Reaction score
You are correct, Year One does not manufacture a lot of the parts they sell. But most of the auto part stores don't make the parts they sell either. Year One like most large companies, offer advantages that smaller businesses can't offer. 1 stop shopping, techs to answer questions, a very good refund/ buy back policy, volume discounts, constantly expanding the items that they can offer to us, their customers. And all the other intangable benefits of dealing with a large company. As with any business, these extras have a cost. If we all stopped buying from the big guys, they would not stay in business and we would lose a valuable resource. And ultimately we would all pay more as the mfgs. who supply these companies need to make a certain amount of profit to remain in business and develop new parts, they rely on high volume to sell at lower prices. High volume= lower prices. Just like shopping locally for your day to day needs, supports your city with tax revenues to fund local projects, street repair, parks, etc.. We need to support the people who support our hobby to reap the benefits. We need each other.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Really? What is MFRG? how is the shipping cost from Year One?

He's saying that they don't manufacture (mfr) all the things they sell.
Year One is a great resource and I am a firm believer in "You get what you pay for"...
I do admit that I will seek out NOS whenever possible, big money though, next I will try to find oem that is either easily restored or just in really nice condition before I hit the aftermarket.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
NOS is New Old Stock, in other words parts that were made the same time the cars were but never used. An example would be extra parts that were produced for the dealer network for collision repair or warranty work that were never used.

VeteranCosmicRocker

Reaction score
You are correct, Year One does not manufacture a lot of the parts they sell. But most of the auto part stores don't make the parts they sell either. Year One like most large companies, offer advantages that smaller businesses can't offer. 1 stop shopping, techs to answer questions, a very good refund/ buy back policy, volume discounts, constantly expanding the items that they can offer to us, their customers. And all the other intangable benefits of dealing with a large company. As with any business, these extras have a cost. If we all stopped buying from the big guys, they would not stay in business and we would lose a valuable resource. And ultimately we would all pay more as the mfgs. who supply these companies need to make a certain amount of profit to remain in business and develop new parts, they rely on high volume to sell at lower prices. High volume= lower prices. Just like shopping locally for your day to day needs, supports your city with tax revenues to fund local projects, street repair, parks, etc.. We need to support the people who support our hobby to reap the benefits. We need each other.
Very well said. Macy's doesn't make the shirt you wear. The supermarket doesn't make the soap you wash with. They are retailers that provide you with a product. I've done business with Year One since his "year one"... and I have absolutely no complaint whatsoever.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Once you order from Year One they send you emails to take 30% any items that are not on sale (which is just about everything) I have bought alot of parts from them and 30% off adds up quick. My 2 cents.

Avalanche

Reaction score
Once you order from Year One they send you emails to take 30% any items that are not on sale (which is just about everything) I have bought alot of parts from them and 30% off adds up quick. My 2 cents.

Your absolutly right, I have ordered plenty with them and allways wait for sales. Plus if you mess up and order something wrong they will always take it back!

BIGSHCLUNK

Reaction score

Lots of guys make a stink about YO. Frankly I dont see the issue. Like anything else you buy, watch for the sales, compare the products. I've never had a problem.

RexDub

Reaction score
So do you guys think I should go to Year One for my first Restoration project?? or is there a better location ??

moparleo

Reaction score
I don't think any one else has the depth of inventory that YearOne has. As stated by another member, they have discounts for volume orders and once you are on their mailing list you will receive discount cards for 20%, 30% or more every couple of months. They have been around along time and have a very liberal return policy for unused items you return. I have used them several times in the last 15 years on numerous Mopar restorations, always satisfied with service and quality.

RexDub

Reaction score
I don't think any one else has the depth of inventory that YearOne has. As stated by another member, they have discounts for volume orders and once you are on their mailing list you will receive discount cards for 20%, 30% or more every couple of months. They have been around along time and have a very liberal return policy for unused items you return. I have used them several times in the last 15 years on numerous Mopar restorations, always satisfied with service and quality.

How do you get on the mailing list?

ragtopdodge

Reaction score

cudablue

Reaction score
Use 'm.

I finished my full rotisserie 71 Cuda. J I purchased over $6K at Year One. I waited for the 30% discount emails and jumped on it.
I anally laid out a full spreadsheet comparing up to 15 vendors and every part! When you hit the 30%, it usually beats allof them.
They may be back-ordered some, but worth it. I had very little delay.
Service was very good most of the time. Had one issue that I had to go around them and call Wheel Vintiques myself. But I got 30% off my wheels. There is $400 savings right there!!!
Their return policy is awesome!!! You can return items after several years as long as the package and part is resalable.

moparleo

Reaction score
They have discounts based on the dollar amount you order any time. They have the larger discounts sent out in the form of postcards or sometimes will post a discount code in thier magazine advertisements. These are usually around holidays or season changes. The volume discounts are for the amount ordered, even if they have back orders. If you want current info , just contact them direct. 1-800-932-7663 or YEARONE.com to view their online catalog.

Back