• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Russ Alexander

Reaction score
I am a new member and want to thank y'all for letting me join. I just bought a 70 cuda that I'm completely disassembling and
20190411_144042.jpg
rebuilding. I am an electrical contractor by trade so I'm going to have a lot of questions and need a lot of parts, thanks again.

Adam

Reaction score
Nice car. It takes a long time to go through one; years in my case..
1. Take lots of pictures for future reference.
2. Bag up the small stuff in ziplocks, and write on the bag with a sharpie e.g. “console screws.”
3. Save everything; don’t throw anything away, it may be useful if only for measurements..
4. Keep it organized; I have wasted much time and money looking for, and replacing, lost parts.

Good luck!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Welcome!

Was it an original red interior? Or black? I see both.
Fender tag or build sheet? Curious what the car is. bh, bs, bp , ??

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. Follow Adams advice and use a LOT of baggies and take a LOT of pictures.
Also start a restoration thread on this site and post lots of pictures. Great to go back to for reference.
Good luck. And make sure you have a lot of storage space.:thumbsup:

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. Lots of good advice above. I went through a few hundred baggies/tags when I have done mine. And separate them according to interior, engine bay, trunk, front and rear suspension, exterior, etc. Keep things organized or you will have problems when it's time to put it all together whenever that is.

Reaction score
Nice car. It takes a long time to go through one; years in my case..
1. Take lots of pictures for future reference.
2. Bag up the small stuff in ziplocks, and write on the bag with a sharpie e.g. “console screws.”
3. Save everything; don’t throw anything away, it may be useful if only for measurements..
4. Keep it organized; I have wasted much time and money looking for, and replacing, lost parts.

Good luck!
Thank you very much!

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. Lots of good advice above. I went through a few hundred baggies/tags when I have done mine. And separate them according to interior, engine bay, trunk, front and rear suspension, exterior, etc. Keep things organized or you will have problems when it's time to put it all together whenever that is.
I'm still working on my new shop and I will definitely be separating and organizing. I'm trying to take pictures while dismantling so I know how things go back together and in what order.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Russ Alexander
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Nice Project and some good advice already given.

Pictures and baggies. I pick up the dollar store storage bags and mark contents as a I disassemble sections of my car. Even then I often have trouble finding something I bagged.
Best of luck with the new toy!
Dino2 (1).gif

Back