• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 plymouth Cuda... I need a "Direct Fit" preformance Radiator

CudaK

Reaction score
I've been looking at more than a few of the radiator company's and their radiators they offer "so many units" it seems hard to pick the right one.... not all offer the dimensions so this is what I'm looking for:

Direct fit preformance radiator with a built in transmission cooler.
Inlet on: driver side
Outlet on: passenger side
Core support opening across: 22"
Mounting bolts across: 24 1/2 or 24 3/4
Mounting bolts up/down: 14 1/2

Engine: 360 .40 over
Edelbrock heads 63cc
Six pack set up
260/260 484 lift
Dougs headers
Built 904 tranny w/3000 Hughes stall converter
Running a 195 thermostat as recommended with six pack set up.

Looking for most efficient, best cooling and direct fit to OEM mounting not wanting to modify the core support.

Thanks for the help

dolphin3111

Reaction score
I use a Griffin exact fit on my Challenger big block with a high compression race engine. These things cool very well with the two rows of elongated tubing. The exact fit will bolt up to your stock radiator supports. Expensive but very high quality.

Griffin.jpg

rklein71

Reaction score
My Champion was a direct fit, as far as bolting to the core support and hose locations. Attaching the fan shroud, no go.
Rod

DrEamer

Reaction score
Give Cold Case a try, they are a site sponsor here. Nothing but great reports on the A Body board. You may be able to get a discount as well.

CudaK

Reaction score
My Champion was a direct fit, as far as bolting to the core support and hose locations. Attaching the fan shroud, no go.
Rod

Weird thing is a 1973 Cuda SB does not use or list a radiator shroud from the factory

CudaK

Reaction score
Give Cold Case a try, they are a site sponsor here. Nothing but great reports on the A Body board. You may be able to get a discount as well.

I looked on their site and it was confusing to me as they listed fits A,B and E Body

I did go on their site and was confusing to me they listed 8 different and not sure if any had a built in tranny cooler

DrEamer

Reaction score
I looked on their site and it was confusing to me as they listed fits A,B and E Body

I did go on their site and was confusing to me they listed 8 different and not sure if any had a built in tranny cooler

They have them with tranny coolers, you may want to give them a call to make sure you get the correct one though.

CudaK

Reaction score

CudaK

Reaction score
Ordered up a Cold Case Radiator.....let ya'll know how it goes in and how it performs

Thanks for the help

Reaction score
I have a 71 challenger and got my radiator from Ledfoot Racing.
Direct fit and has transmission cooler. They have them for Cudas as well.

Ccas

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
The factory Cuda 22" radiator shroud I purchased was not even close to fitting, a very expensive mistake.... BUMMER
I told you we hadn't tested the 22" shroud for your year. :(

I will be very surprised that anyone has a direct fit aluminum 1 1/4" tube radiator that accepts the factory shroud.

However, we can take care of you! e-mail me some pics and let's figure out a plan for you! [email protected]

Back