• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to forum

Cudatom73

Reaction score
I'm new ro this forum but have been on several others for many yrs.

My? Body is a 73 Cuda. I've owned it since 1979. Drove it on the road and raced for many yrs until in a moment of stupidity decided to back half the car and turn into a dedicated race car in 1988.

Fast for ard 20 some yrs and I'm now putting rhe stock dash back in and while still racing the car putting it back on the road.

Th vehicle has a new chrome moly cage, replaced aluminum dash with a factory one, replaced my old auto drags with RC Components wheels, adding a KB wedge 553 with Indy 572-13 heads which is going together at Marsh Performance. Its been a long road but it's coming along nicely.
IMG_20200822_123751.jpg
IMG_20200912_211911.jpg
IMG_20200822_123751.jpg
IMG_20200912_211911.jpg

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Nice ride man! Definitely got those fender wells stuffed. That's the way they should look. Gonna be 1 hellava pro street machine.
Salute- from Pa.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Little Rock! I like that. Look forward to the progress.

Cudatom73

Reaction score
Sweet paint! Love that fat rear end look! More details on the car if you would please.
Car was a 340 when purchased in HS. Purchased for $500. Replaced both 1/4's, and found a replacement trunk lid at a salvage yard. This was all completed in the summer of 1979. There was no other rust on the car.

I drove the car in nice weather until 1984 when I started college. I continue to race the car thru 1987. Then decided to add subframe connectors and SS springs. Well the shop that did the work crushed the frame rails. These were nit available so I back halfed the car, installed a cage, aluminum interior and dash. I regret this to this day. But in 1988 these cars were still worth next to nothing and there really wasn't any aftermarket support.

Fast forward 30 yrs, put factory dash back in, kept most of the aluminum interior but it is now carpeted and the aluminum side trim is wrapped in a carbon fiber wrap(still have ro do the doors).

Mechanically it will be a KB wedge block, bored 4.50, stroke of 4.35. The crank is callies, rods are Oliver Ibeams, 7.1 with 2.20 at the crank. The cam will be spec'd by Todd Marsh and will be around .800 dor rhe intake, unsure where the exhaust lift will be or duration of the cam. Compression will 13.5-14.1.
Heads are Indy 572-13. They are being ported by Larry Smith and machine work for the block at Buck Racing Engines. All told this combo typically ends up in the low to mid 900hp range.

The rear is a dana with4.30 gears, trans in in the air but may end up being a glide with either a ATI case and bell or a Ried. I'm tire limited to 30.5" and won't cut the wheel wells.

The rear rims are RC Components 15x12.5". I have wilwood brakes on all corners. The front rims are also RC Components but 17x4.5 to clear the 12.19 wilwoods.

The car has a gerst tubular kframe. Thats about it for now.

IMG_20191216_170504.jpg

IMG_20171106_192614054.jpg

Last edited:

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome from Nebraska! Welcome to FEBO! Nice Mopar! Regardless of the mods you made back then, at least you still have your old car and that's what counts! Can't make mods on something you don't have anymore! Congrats on keeping your Cuda for so long! :)

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Wow! 900 horse! That will get up and go! Sweet looking ride for sure. Love the mods. Thanks for the info.
Just curious, did the car retain it's fender tag and or build sheet?

Cudatom73

Reaction score
Wow! 900 horse! That will get up and go! Sweet looking ride for sure. Love the mods. Thanks for the info.
Just curious, did the car retain it's fender tag and or build sheet?

Unfortunately no. When the car had its 2nd repaint in 1984 the fender .tag was lost.
The car wasn't highly optioned. It did have the chrome pkg, 14" road wheels, limited slip diff, fender mounted turn signals, chrome mirrors, ps, pb no ac. We never found a build sheet. Not under the carpet or in any of the seats.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
That sure does seem to happen often during the repaints. Unfortunate but not that big a deal. At least you remember what most of the items on the tag were.
Doesn't change how awesome the car looks!

Tactical185

Reaction score
sweet Mopar, welcome to the site. Tons of great info and very helpful Mopar fans

Cudatom73

Reaction score
sweet Mopar, welcome to the site. Tons of great info and very helpful Mopar fans
Agreed. I'm a member of forbbodies also. Less drama and no pop up adds every time you log in ir go to a different article than some other forums I belong to.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome from Panama !
Love the Cuda , I worked in a shop doing back 1/2 & full tube frame cars for a while so I appreciate those as much as resto cars , yours looks great !

Back