• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Western Washington

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
I’ve been a member of the “other” E-body forum for a bunch of years and Moparts before that, but have been lurking around here lately due to recent slowdowns on the other site. Looks like a lot of the same faces are hanging around here too, so figured I’d join up and introduce myself.

Car is a 70 Cuda, 383 4-speed (numbers matching engine and transmission). I’ve owned it since 1988 (purchased for $950), but it was never on the road (at least not legally) until 2008. I’ve got too many other things going on, not enough garage space, and not enough money to “restore” it, but I’ve usually got some project going on it to slowly improve its condition. Rebuilt the engine, recovered the front seats, learned how to weld sheet metal so that I could repair the driver’s side floor pan. Eventually it will get quarters and a trunk pan, but I’m trying to avoid blowing it apart, dropping dead, and leaving a pile of parts for my wife and kid to sell in boxes.

Car was originally FY1, lemon twist, but was later painted green, and now wears a flat black alligator skin finish. It has power disc brakes, manual steering, no AC. It also has the performance axle and max cooling packages, so has a 3.91 sure grip, 956 (hemi) radiator, and hemi leaf springs. I have the fender tag and broadcast sheet. It’s a fairly early build car (September 1969) and appears to have been built without sill moldings, which were supposed to be standard on Cudas.

The pic below is from June 2021 at a TNT night at Pacific Raceways. That’s the night I got to hang out with and run against NHRA Hall of Famer Al Young. His black Barhahl Satellite, the only other Mopar at the event, is sitting in front of my car in the pits (RIP Al).

Car is currently laid up in the garage waiting on new carpet and reinstallation of the dash and steering column after my floor pan repair. My planned winter 2021 project lasted a winter and then another year, but hoping to have it back on the road in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to hanging out around here. Thanks!

003.jpg

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
I just assumed everyone was on both.
The other one loads slow, but automatically shows the latest post, which is nice. Here you have to scroll to the bottom.
Yes, the same torx bits are on here, but no allens.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I go to the other E-body forum and it loads ok. Might be browser or setting.Is that what you meant or activity? Don't know.

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
RTA, I'm referring to the fact that e's.org can take a minute or more to load a page, click a topic, log in (twice, every time), and loading pictures is slow.
But I like the format
The people are the same, and sometimes I wonder why we all post stuff on both.

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
I just assumed everyone was on both.
The other one loads slow, but automatically shows the latest post, which is nice. Here you have to scroll to the bottom.
Yes, the same torx bits are on here, but no allens.
Due to time suckage, I previously tried to focus on only one forum, but the slowdown over there is only creating more time suck issues.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice Cuda. I like the 383 in my 70 Challenger. There's a reason they built more 383s than any other big block!

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I’ve been a member of the “other” E-body forum for a bunch of years and Moparts before that, but have been lurking around here lately due to recent slowdowns on the other site. Looks like a lot of the same faces are hanging around here too, so figured I’d join up and introduce myself.

Car is a 70 Cuda, 383 4-speed (numbers matching engine and transmission). I’ve owned it since 1988 (purchased for $950), but it was never on the road (at least not legally) until 2008. I’ve got too many other things going on, not enough garage space, and not enough money to “restore” it, but I’ve usually got some project going on it to slowly improve its condition. Rebuilt the engine, recovered the front seats, learned how to weld sheet metal so that I could repair the driver’s side floor pan. Eventually it will get quarters and a trunk pan, but I’m trying to avoid blowing it apart, dropping dead, and leaving a pile of parts for my wife and kid to sell in boxes.

Car was originally FY1, lemon twist, but was later painted green, and now wears a flat black alligator skin finish. It has power disc brakes, manual steering, no AC. It also has the performance axle and max cooling packages, so has a 3.91 sure grip, 956 (hemi) radiator, and hemi leaf springs. I have the fender tag and broadcast sheet. It’s a fairly early build car (September 1969) and appears to have been built without sill moldings, which were supposed to be standard on Cudas.

The pic below is from June 2021 at a TNT night at Pacific Raceways. That’s the night I got to hang out with and run against NHRA Hall of Famer Al Young. His black Barhahl Satellite, the only other Mopar at the event, is sitting in front of my car in the pits (RIP Al).

Car is currently laid up in the garage waiting on new carpet and reinstallation of the dash and steering column after my floor pan repair. My planned winter 2021 project lasted a winter and then another year, but hoping to have it back on the road in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to hanging out around here. Thanks!

View attachment 108334
Welcome from another Western Washington E-body fan, I have raced at Pacific Raceways many times over the years. Although I usually I race maybe once a year down in Woodburn Oregon in July. Woodburn has a nice Mopar only race every July and that track is usually much friendlier than Pacific Raceways - you can also expect more runs there (just my 2 cents).
Welcome to the forum!!!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!

Just keep plugging away on your Cuda and you will get to where you want it.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Welcome to this site! Some of the same folks and some other folks here.

Glad ya joined. The more the merrier!

Let's see some more pics of your awesome ride!!

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I always thought that making the 90 mile round trip through Seattle traffic to Pacific Raceways, making a few passes, and getting back in one piece was doing pretty well, but I'd like to get down to that Woodburn show one of these days.

Back