• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Garage squad

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool to have a show, or someone that would just get e bodies back on the road? Not like graveyard cars. Just like a garage squad for e bodies only.

cuda joe

Reaction score
yea more like the average guy getting a project on the road

gran coupe john

Reaction score
I believe it would be good for the younger crowd to get more involved in the restoration of these cars. Seems to me the older guys with all the knowledge are getting out of the business. This is happening in a lot of other areas too. We must rely on the internet for our information I guess??

heminut

Reaction score
Biggest hurdle to getting the younger crowd involved is the cost of restoration parts these days, us older guys can afford it to one extent or another but it's tough for a kid to do. High school kids absolutely love my Cuda but I keep hearing the same thing over and over, "I wish I could afford to do something like this!"

I think a great show would entail bringing a kid on (maybe with a couple of friends) and show him restoring a classic car, with help from the classic car parts vendors.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
The younger generation unfortunately has just been priced right out of this hobby. Especially, to do a t.v. show. My 2 Son's now 33 and 24 act like they enjoy old cars (for me probably), but really couldn't care less. I am sure when I am dead and gone they will broom everything I have.

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Grandsons are 22, and 20. They think I am crazy restoring this car. I am sure when I pass the kids will sell everything for pennies on the dollar.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have been doing this for decades just helping people get cars restored & running 1 by 1 .

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Technically all parts are here, and ready to install. Need 2 people to install heater box, and dash. Then the steering column, and linkage need set. Need some help with the hoses for carburetor, and vacuum lines. Fill all fluids to fired-up. All parts are mostly rebuilt by different professionals, and some myself. Just really need someone who knows this process that can do it in there sleep. Feel free to give opinions.

20240124_113752.jpg

20240124_113807.jpg

20240124_113925.jpg

20240124_113858.jpg

20240124_113816.jpg

HPP

Reaction score
As much as love my old mopars and my sons respect them, they are priced out of the E body world. And honestly, why would they go broke to work on these. They can pick up a good running later model V8 or turbo car for $10k, it drives great, has good stereo and a/c and still has hop up potential to be faster than some of my old junk and still get 20 mpg doing it.

The car hobby isn't disappearing, its just changing.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I could see maybe an A Body show because there are so many more of them and many more owners plus much more affordable. Maybe even a B Body show since there are so many different styles, but not enough owners or fans of the E Bodies.
I have a newer 2012 Challenger, but I would never sell my classic musclecars for a newer car.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I agree with Challenger RTA, hard to get kids to look past their phones these days....even if the cost was reasonable, still have to get a job and want to work for something...of course there are a few youngsters still willing to work hard...but most get full entertainment from mind numbing Tik Tok videos...just unfortunate.

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Bigger market. With that said, the bigger market is like the big corporations, and now big government. Look at the big 10, and SEC. Small fries are getting cooked.

One of few

Reaction score
A show like that would grab a little attention I’m sure. My girls always loved old car shows, and my old Challenger. Getting a younger generation hooked on anything that gets their fingers dirty, without a touch screen is difficult at best.

heminut

Reaction score
I could see maybe an A Body show because there are so many more of them and many more owners plus much more affordable. Maybe even a B Body show since there are so many different styles, but not enough owners or fans of the E Bodies.
I have a newer 2012 Challenger, but I would never sell my classic musclecars for a newer car.
I had my Cuda stored at a friend's gas station in a chain link fenced compound in the back for a few years at one time. My friend knew the car was definitely not for sale but he called me one day and put a guy on the phone. The guy offered to but me a new Challenger for my Cuda. I told him "I can go buy a Challenger any day off the week. I can't do the same with a Cuda!" He said he understood, but he had to try!

440WB

Reaction score
I could use someone for a day or two to get this car fired up, and running smoothly
Do High Schools still offer Auto Shop class? I remember when in class we would work on Teachers cars for needed repairs. Just a thought -

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Yes, I remember those days!! The vocational school here doesn't offer it any more. Too much high tech stuff needed now to offer a class. Just needed a wrench back in the day.

440WB

Reaction score
Yes, I remember those days!! The vocational school here doesn't offer it any more. Too much high tech stuff needed now to offer a class. Just needed a wrench back in the day.
our high school had a co-op program - we went to their shop and worked few hours per week. Maybe an counselor could arrange such at your place? couple video's at school in class - then hands on,,,

Back