• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Another Cuda Garage Find

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
I found a 1970 Barracuda Grand Coupe on cinder blocks in a garage 2 miles from my house!!! Car has been sitting there for 25yrs. It's a 318 2bbl with 3spd floor shift. Guy is 51 and told me he bought it when he was 15. Car was originally EF8 Green with Black vinyl top and Tan leather interior, with roof console. Says it is numbers matching with 98k original miles. Car was painted Black some 28yrs ago with some mods made. Cuda hood, Duck tail, Chin spoilers. Still has original hood and all the parts to make the car run. Says the car ran when he parked it. I see 0 rust on this car anywhere!!! Too bad its not a big block or a 4spd. He has extra parts from another E body. Extra Grille, floor console, radios, extra 3spd trans. and a 4spd set up as well.Thinking of making an offer on it. Says he'd like to get 10k. What do you guys think about the value ??

026.jpg

025.jpg

010.jpg

022.jpg

011.jpg

018.jpg

008.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
As long as it was a rustfree car when he painted it black it Sounds like a fair price to me but flash 8K for the package and see what he does.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Good find. I am finding more cars and parts right now than I have since the early nineties. It is the age of the people that have hoarded and held onto them. They are unloading. Much more is going to come 'out of the woodwork' soon. I agree with what has been said. Offer him lower. I wouldn't let it get away if you have to give him $10,000.

DA4AD

Reaction score
10K in a heartbeat, these cars are getting harder and harder to find!

jeff968

Reaction score
I would love to see a shot of the shifter ball. There has been some discussion on what the correct ball looks like.
Thanks

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
The big problem is..... if there is one... I just acquired a 1970 "CUDA" 383 4spd numbers matching car with just as good a body, but disassembled. I stole that one for 10k. That car is B7/B5. I'm having a hard time justifying his price for a much lesser car. This will probably piss off a lot of you , but I just offered him 4k for it. I might call him back in a day or two with a better offer.

ramenth

Reaction score
The big problem is..... if there is one... I just acquired a 1970 "CUDA" 383 4spd numbers matching car with just as good a body, but disassembled. I stole that one for 10k. That car is B7/B5. I'm having a hard time justifying his price for a much lesser car. This will probably piss off a lot of you , but I just offered him 4k for it. I might call him back in a day or two with a better offer.

Not gonna piss me off for a low ball offer. If he jumps on it you're ahead of the game.

Of course, I'll be jealous if you can get it for that, but not pissed. lol

jfreakofkorn

Reaction score
10k for that .... in a heartbeat if i had the cash ....

i have been see wrecks on the bay ( like half the car is like missing ) are asking for 5 to 6k

also you have the extra parts along w/ it ..... which you could sell and make some of that money back

they are getting hard to locate a decent body nowadays for that kind of funny money, IMO

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Careful with your offer there buddy! As someone that sells an occasional car I would rather not hear an offer that I would consider insulting and I would send you packing and make it a point to not call you back no matter how long it has been taking me to sell the car. Offer me 6K for a 10K car and I'll send you packing but keep your contact info, offer me 4K and you'll leave and I'll toss your info.

moparleo

Reaction score
If you are not interested in the car ( sounds like it according to your offer and short story ) give one of us the contact info so we can buy it before someone else does. Your really missing the boat on this one.

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Talked to the owner again on Saturday. He didn't seem pissed that I low balled him at first. Told him I showed the pics to my Mopar buddies and one of them wants the car for 6k. Said he'd let me know on Monday. If I don't hear from him by Monday Eve, I'll reach out to him again. Here's a pic of the fender tag.

020.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I agree at 6K.
My opinion, Ten K if the car was running and you can pull it up on a trailer. 6-7 K not running.

Tan interiors are not that easy to find. Are all the Tan interior parts still with the car.
Does it have a build sheet?

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Tan interiors are not that easy to find. Are all the Tan interior parts still with the car.
Does it have a build sheet?[/QUOTE]

All the interior is intact , even the dash pad is good. Says he thinks he has the build sheet. I'm going to talk to him again today.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Does it have a build sheet?

All the interior is intact , even the dash pad is good. Says he thinks he has the build sheet. I'm going to talk to him again today.[/QUOTE]

That could be a score then!!

TNTCASH

Reaction score
OK We're waiting

All the interior is intact , even the dash pad is good. Says he thinks he has the build sheet. I'm going to talk to him again today.

That could be a score then!![/QUOTE]

68chicken' it has been a while and I'm dying to know where you are at on this deal?

Last edited:

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
The Barracuda Gran Sport project is still simmering. I,ve called the guy a few times and he tells me he sold it. So I ask, how much.Within 2mins of conversation he gives me 2 different sale prices. He doesn't live where the car is 5 mins from my place. So I 've been by there 4 times and peered into the garage since I spoke with him and the car is still there!!.There is still a chance I think on this car. I'm going to call him a gain today..........

On another note, the 70 Cuda 383 4spd car I did buy, will come here next weekend. I will post pics on this thread == http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?6621-Uh-oh-how-much

340challconvert

Reaction score
Gran Coupe in black

Dino2 (1).gifI hope you get the chance to buy the Gran Coupe. Black is a great color and these tended to be a cut above in the luxury department compared to most early 70's pony cars. I've always found to go with your first instinct. If the body looks to be in good shape rust wise, and all of the difficult parts are there (overhead console, original leather interior) and the engine looks stock or mostly original, go for it. In the scheme of things, it would cost you more then the asking price to obtain half the parts of a lesser car. 10,000 for a decent car is not bad considering the cost of buying car needing much more work. I've lost out on cars because I hesitated and learned the hard way. I hope it happens for you.

Dino2 (1).gif

Back