• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1967 440 value

74 challenger

Reaction score
So a friend of mine has a 67 newport with a 440 in it. Dont know if its the tnt 440. cars been sitting but had a rebuild on it and only 1500 miles put on the rebuild then parked. What is a fair offer for it?Just wanting the 440.

ramenth

Reaction score
Stock rebuild? Anything special to it?

In these cases values are usually determined by location. I can find stock rebuilds around here for less than a grand. Rebuildable core engines in the $150-$200 range.

In your case, since you're trying to make a fair offer, find out what's in it for parts (new pistons or not, anything special about the heads, cam, springs, etc.) and then start adding up what it might cost you in parts if you were to rebuild it. I'd offer him up the total for parts, minus about 10% for the fact it's been sitting, but only if you can verify if the initial break in was done right.

That would give you a fair starting price and you can negotiate from there as to what's in your budget while keeping a buddy.

moparleo

Reaction score
Let him make the first move to see what he has in mind what he thinks it is worth. He might want a lot less than you think or think it is worth more that what would be reasonable. Find out what he thinks first. Or you can make a low ball offer and see what he says. If he says he thinks it is worth more, then ask him what he is thinking would be fair.

Of course don't do anything until you see the motor run.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
What kind of shape is car in? He might not be into selling it for the price of the motor. There are lots of 440s out there.

74 challenger

Reaction score
thanks guys,just stock and I would like to get the whole car sense I dont have a garage. I was wrong the engine had 15000 put on it after the rebuild. Might try to see it this weekend and see if we can make a deal. Dont really need it but I miss my BB:icon_sad:

Back