• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 barracuda ideas

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Well without a fender tag or a build sheet. I've got a blank slate 70 barracuda. I'm in love with "in violet" purple and black interior, and since I can lay hands on a 440 for 650$. It's going to be a big block car with pistol grip. But I'm looking at all the stripes and paint options and well I'd like to see if anyone has something new maybe different ideas. May not change where I'm going may change everything. I thought of a AAR tribute stripe, or hockey stripes. Make it a cuda instead of going back a barracuda. Then I heard and read up on the m46 option that came on stock barracudas. Black out grill and tail light pan with a scoop , I've Never saw one in purple and I bet finding the scoop is impossible. But hey I can fab one. I never plan to sell this car and in no way would I try to lie about it's origin. Just a tribute and something unique that would be just mine. I mean hell I'm sticking with the bench seat just for the giggles. Anyone else got thoughts on this?

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Or yeah moparleo I've seen it all. I was just kind of opening the door for opinions and see if the chat brings up a new idea or two.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
M46 scoops are very hard to find.
Harms, I believe, had reproductions. Not many made though.
I have a picture of an M46 in purple. I'll try to find it.

Bench seats are cool. Don't see that very often.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
M46 scoops are very hard to find.
Harms, I believe, had reproductions. Not many made though.
I have a picture of an M46 in purple. I'll try to find it.

Bench seats are cool. Don't see that very often.

Thanks cudahunter. I have found a few pics and am pretty sure now that's my aim. I contacted harms and haven't heard back on if they have more or not. After looking at the info about the option. my car was a 318 auto regular barracuda and its from the michigan plant that made the m46s. So who knows it might have been one lol.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Purple M46 detail...

m46.jpg

m46.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
If yours was one originally, there will be some holes where the scoop attached.

Need pic of the holes??

If you come across any "extra" scoops in your hunting, I will purchase any extra's you pass on.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
There was also a reproduction reflector stripe kit available.

But I believe they only had it in the orange/white. There was a factory blue/white, but I have no pictures of that and I don't think there is a reproduction of that one.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Cuda hunter honestly my quarter panels have major bondo in both places the scoops would have been. Plus by the paint and layers my barracuda saw a 80s resto to slime green and a aar spoiler. Cause the last inspection was in 89. The problems of buying a rolling chassy with clear title no homework to do besides the vin code. Harms has the scoops for 400 a pair in polyurethane remanufactured. So I'm going that route. It'll be a cool convo piece.

Back