• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Cuda ride height adjustment

ColoradoCuda

Reaction score
Hello, I'm fairly new to this forum, I asked about door glass installation, and got some great help and figured it out!
I'm considering lowering the front of my 71 Cuda a bit, and I'm wondering if doing this by using the control arm adjusting bolt will alter my alignment.
Thanks for any help!

pschlosser

Reaction score
Hello, I'm fairly new to this forum, I asked about door glass installation, and got some great help and figured it out!
I'm considering lowering the front of my 71 Cuda a bit, and I'm wondering if doing this by using the control arm adjusting bolt will alter my alignment.
Thanks for any help!

Yes, I believe it can. At least, I've read it can. The height, as you may know, is set by adjusting a downward facing bolt at the front end of the torsion bar. Be sure to lift the car before adjusting.

Lowering the car limits its ability to handle bumps in the road and can cause the front tires to bottom out on a sever pothole.

I've read others going for the "lowered" look moving up a size on the torsion bars to counteract the effect and loss of suspension. I think this is most applicable to the heavy big blocks than the lighter small blocks.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Here is a tidbit of info

bumper heights 1965 through 1974 cars (17).jpg

factory alignment specs.jpg

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Yes it will slightly alter the alignment , I too like the nose sitting lower but this will affect toe & Camber a little .

Back