• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 Cuda door replacement

HITTER23

Reaction score
Ok, at the risk of sounding stupid, whats the best way to remove and replace a door if your hinges are good and youre replacing doors to make it easier to align?? Unbolt the hinge bolts at the pillar or the door?

Also, i took off the hinge from the pillar and there was a gasket like stuff filling the square holes in the hinges. I cant find anything online as to what it is to replace.

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
I would try to leave the pillar hinges in place if possible... mark the where edges of the hinges are on the door with masking tape.

These doors are heavy!, especially with glass, so get some help and use a towel or something to protect the door sill. Most likely you will have to adjust them several times...

I think any seam sealant in the holes would be fine, but not necessary.

moparleo

Reaction score
Get door jack or a floor jack, a friend, carpet pieces or something thick and soft to support door weight and cover the door sill. A large piece of heavy cardboard will also work. Disconnect hinges from the door. I would be surprised if they were really tight if they haven't been replaced yet as these are some of the heaviest doors ever installed on a car. :

Attachments

• doorhingeinstallationebody.pdf
    834.6 KB · Views: 211

HITTER23

Reaction score
That PDF is just what i needed to adjust the doors. Thanks for the replies!

Back