• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 Dodge Li'l red express truck for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

7071 challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have in 1979 Li' l red express truck for sale. As some of you may know, the Li' l red express truck was in production two years only, (78 & 79). I restored it in the winter of 2009-2010, and did not drove it much since, (about 3500 miles in two summers). It has a factory working A/C, full instrumentation, (including vacuum gauge and volt-meter, (a rare option), and a tachometer as well. It has a tuff wheel, bucket seats, original 15 X 8 chrome wheels and an AM/FM-CB radio. Everything has been redone, (suspention, brakes, direction, engine, tranny, ect...), but the undercarriage is not detailed. It is a very nice driver in excellant condition and it is fun to drive. If you want something to have fun with this summer, it' s a great oppurtunity. It has the factory 360 express under the hood, stacks, original chrome vlave covers and air-cleaner lid. Truck is in Montreal, Canada. Asking $18000.00. Not interested in any trades. Thanks

Robert

Lil red-4-17-2010-6.JPG

Lil red-AC-Install-20.jpg

Lil red-AC-Install-24.jpg

Lilred à St-Liboire (convention Chrysler).jpg

Wylde1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful truck. There used to be one just like it in Ottawa. A LRT is on my "to buy" list of vehicles. I prefer the '78 front end but either one with a/c gets my vote. You've got quite a few options on it by the looks of things. Is that the am/fm/cb radio in there? Do you also have the folding center armrest seat? Is it carpeted behind the seat?

Good luck with it. If I don't find the B or E body of my dreams, we may just have to talk.

Wylde1.

7071 challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful truck. There used to be one just like it in Ottawa. A LRT is on my "to buy" list of vehicles. I prefer the '78 front end but either one with a/c gets my vote. You've got quite a few options on it by the looks of things. Is that the am/fm/cb radio in there? Do you also have the folding center armrest seat? Is it carpeted behind the seat?

Good luck with it. If I don't find the B or E body of my dreams, we may just have to talk.

Wylde1.
I understand you prefer the '78, I prefer '78s too!!!), but they are harder to find because they made less, Production:1978=2178, 1979=5118. It is estimated that there is about 500 '78 left out there and about 2000 '79. When I bought it, it had all the gauges in, it came with buckets and it does have the center folder seat, and, yes, it does have carpet behind the seat. When I got it, it had an after market radio in. Since I already had a AM/FM-CB radio here, I figure it was just natural to put it in, so, that' s what I did. It wasn' t born with A/C, but, after one summer getting hot, I decided to add the A/C system. I found a complete system from a 1978 pick-up truck and swap it in, replace everything that needed to, leak test, charge it, and, voila! It is much more fun to cruise with the A/C in. I love this truck a lot and I would like to keep it, but since I am not millionaire, it has to go. (I found another project). If you want to see more of it, here is two ''you tube'' links, one is when I restored it in the winter of 2009-2010, and the other is when I installed A/C the following winter.

Restoration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-51fB8YO3DE

A/C installation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9FBEJ--m8I

Robert

7071 challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. If you know somebody that wants one, send it to me! It's a fun ride...

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back