• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda dash

danbrooks

Reaction score
I bought a 70 cuda, its a u code car, did they ever make this car with a non rally dash? this car basically has no options, standard steering and brakes, thanks.

72*birdman

Reaction score
You got what you were willing to pay for. Build sheet and fender tag will tell you what was ordered when new. I have a six pack, shaker car. Ordered with standard gauges and a column shift, but they saved enough for a vinyl roof.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of Hemicuda 4 speed cars lost their original engines because they were fitted with the non rallye dash and therefore had no tachometer to monitor.

js29

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the challenger R/T came with a rally dash as standard equipment. plymouth being the cheaper line or entry level car line, a rally dash cluster was an option.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
70 hemi cuda
green on green
split bench buddy seat. ??
auto on column
manual steer
manual brakes.
no stripes.
no shaker.
standard dash.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Have seen bench seat and column auto Hemicudas the red 71 that was owned by Zach Reynolds and Steve Juliano has these options, shaker was standard for Hemicuda was it delete for credit? what hood was fitted flat or rallye?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Dan, your car is one of the fun ones. I have a Challenger RT here that is the same way. It is a 440 4 speed with manual brakes, no a/c, heater and radio delete, and a 410 rear. It does have two odd options: the console and the moulding package. Someone just wanted to go fast.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I bought a 70 cuda, its a u code car, did they ever make this car with a non rally dash? this car basically has no options, standard steering and brakes, thanks.

A lot of cars were ordered without any options that would rob power from the engine ps, pb, air all slowed the car down. They wanted to race, and go fast without the cost and the weight.

danbrooks

Reaction score
Thanks, I bought the car as a basket case, its all completely there, no rust and all original including the motor/trans. I just have to put it back together. That part of it doesn't seem that hard its just that the guy took all the wiring out of the car and the dash so that's going to keep my busy figuring it out as I've never done that. The sheet metal is fairly easy. This car was the same way, no real options except the 440/auto. The only option is it had the luggage rack on trunk. It was the only part that didn't come with car so I'll have to find one before I have it repainted, it came with the burnt orange color. Thanks for all your help, And if anyone's in the area come help me wire it up,lol,Dan.
Dan, your car is one of the fun ones. I have a Challenger RT here that is the same way. It is a 440 4 speed with manual brakes, no a/c, heater and radio delete, and a 410 rear. It does have two odd options: the console and the moulding package. Someone just wanted to go fast.

moparleo

Reaction score
Dan, It is best to get a new harness for several reasons. The wiring will come with markers to tell where they go, the wiring and connectors are new, not corroded which is the cause of many demons( like ground problems) we all have had to deal with that. No cracked/hardened wiring leading to shorts (fire) under the dash , modern alternators put out more amps than the old days which also puts more load on the wiring etc... Go new with the wiring . Also The T/A was based on the standard model Challenger which had the ralley gauges as an option, so they were available either way, even column shift.

Back