• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 t/a what is it worth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyrt1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
[SUP]THE 70 T/A I aquired is bad , the whole floor @ trunk tin ,the roof skin , deck lid ,rear deck filler, upper cowl , winshield , all need replacing , ,back seat ,carpet, head liner ,4 spd center console , is gone, no motor , do have the trannie @ the shifter , rearend is in car , don,t know if it is t original 8-3/4 , quarters , doors @ fenders r good no rust , fiberglass hood , hinges r ripped out , do have the under side fiberglass still on hinges , both spoilers r good , got title @ both tags , F E - 5, rally red hardtop , tic- toc tach @ ralley dash, good what do u think it,s worth your opinions would be appreciated thanks ! [/SUP]

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is the fender tag readout.

Sounds like the car is a full resto, so the value goes down a lot!

The fender tag readout would help the value go back up,,, maybe.

Got any pics?

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unless you have a lot of extra money laying around, you will be way ahead to sell this problem to someone else. To do it correctly based on just what you know is bad and missing, it will cost more than it would be worth. This is exactly the typical type of "project" car someone will buy because it seems like a good price. Until you start to work on it and keep finding less and less of what you thought was reusable. Get frustrated and just try to get rid of it. Now if this is not your first ground up restoration on an E-body and you know what is ahead for you, go for it. But I think since you are trying to get a feel for what it might be worth, ( impossible without extensive pictures)and sounds like what is there is not in great condition, it is probably not a good car to learn on. You probably have $1500. to $2000. dollars worth of parts if you sell what you have. Now a full resto is at least $30-40,000 dollars on a T/A or more in that condition. Sorry but no sugar coating here.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
exactly what I was thinking,Your better off to drop the cash for one done and enjoy it now. So many of these projects start off gun hoe then dwindle. Very costly to restore Mopars, unless you can do a majority of it yourself. My thoughts.
Unless you have a lot of extra money laying around, you will be way ahead to sell this problem to someone else. To do it correctly based on just what you know is bad and missing, it will cost more than it would be worth. This is exactly the typical type of "project" car someone will buy because it seems like a good price. Until you start to work on it and keep finding less and less of what you thought was reusable. Get frustrated and just try to get rid of it. Now if this is not your first ground up restoration on an E-body and you know what is ahead for you, go for it. But I think since you are trying to get a feel for what it might be worth, ( impossible without extensive pictures)and sounds like what is there is not in great condition, it is probably not a good car to learn on. You probably have $1500. to $2000. dollars worth of parts if you sell what you have. Now a full resto is at least $30-40,000 dollars on a T/A or more in that condition. Sorry but no sugar coating here.

speedyrt1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the fender tag readout.

Sounds like the car is a full resto, so the value goes down a lot!

The fender tag readout would help the value go back up,,, maybe.

Got any pics?
bottom left to right E55 D21 JH23 JOB 294542 /LINE 2 FE 5 H6X9 OOO 402 152875 / LINE 3 -FE5 A53 B51 C16 C55 G34 / NEXT J45 J54 J82 M21 N44 N 94 TOP LINE A11 V6H YO5 26 EN1 I ALL READY D CODED IT , THANKS

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Speedy, This is a hobby, You have to figure out just what it is that you want to do with your car. Some guys like to say, Look at my bad ass car, others like to say I did it my way. Get lots of input and make a chose for yourself. Its all about making yourself happy. If you do start in the hole, its lots of work but in the end you there is a since of accomplishment. There is a web site called Moparts.com, a thread on there has a guy completely restoring a 1971 Challenger. His Challenger was a very big mess. He has great talent and his car is coming together very nicely. So I wish you lots of luck for what ever chose you make, this is a very fun hobby.

AZmoparboy

pete9857

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm restoring a 73 Cuda. Lots of work and money. It hasnt had 3 miles put on it in 30 plus years. previous owners had intentions, but other priorities took over. My motto is, if you're going to spend the money and put out the effort, do it with a car that will be worth what you'll have in it. The exception, sentimental value! Then all bets are off!

Moparparts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices are pretty much all over the board for a major project car like that so pretty much it is worth what the buyer at that time is wiling to pay. I agree with others the price to repair a rusty car like that is very expensive but don't part it out JMO. I have seen mostly moderate prices on project T/A's but 4-speed cars bring more and AAR 4-speed project cars always seem to bring high dollars. The best thing to do is try to view complete items on e-bay or other sites including SOLD ads in magazines to try to get price ranges. If you decide you are going to sell it or are interested in some kind of trade i have a 69 Dart GTS factory 383HP 4-speed car mostly complete PM me

[SUP]THE 70 T/A I aquired is bad , the whole floor @ trunk tin ,the roof skin , deck lid ,rear deck filler, upper cowl , winshield , all need replacing , ,back seat ,carpet, head liner ,4 spd center console , is gone, no motor , do have the trannie @ the shifter , rearend is in car , don,t know if it is t original 8-3/4 , quarters , doors @ fenders r good no rust , fiberglass hood , hinges r ripped out , do have the under side fiberglass still on hinges , both spoilers r good , got title @ both tags , F E - 5, rally red hardtop , tic- toc tach @ ralley dash, good what do u think it,s worth your opinions would be appreciated thanks ! [/SUP]

speedyrt1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i figured that around 10 grand should get the body in nice shape , do it myself then comes the motor , 12 grand rebuilt ready to rock 340 t-a motor , mopar charley

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interior will cost you a pretty penny. 5-7 K.

So, if your gonna restore a rusty car, a t/a is the way to go. Red on Red is a nice color option.

Do you have a restoration thread anywhere?

crocha617

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to say without pics but I would say it's worth about $8-10k as it sits. A 4 speed TA is one of the few mopars that might be worth restoring these days. If you don't do most all the work yourself you'll probably still be upside down in it when it's done but it will be close.

yellowkeebler

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're in it for the money than move along and let someone else deeal with the car. If you love the car and want to hit 500 car shows to haggle with people for e-body parts, keep the car. A car is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if its a rusted pile , who's going to want to fix it.
buy one done for less

mikebee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you would get better advice if you put some pix on here...sounds like a bad ass car..t/a..deffacatlly worth doing..for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back