• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Barracuda started its journey

Brcuda7t1

Reaction score
Car is on its way to Carl's restorations for paint and body.

Should have it back by April.

Which will give Legendary and Year one time to get my interior parts I ordered to me, big back log.

20220108_102006.jpg

20220108_110618.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
April? Of this year? J/K.. that is fast. What color are you going with?

Matt Johnson

Reaction score
Man thats what I was thinking... april is a smoking fast turn around I feel...

SFEbody

Reaction score
I dont want to be a Debbie Downer, but I ordered my seat covers in August, checked the status Friday last week and they are saying May now.

heminut

Reaction score
Good luck with both! It's been my experience that when it comes to paint and body on a classic car it usually ends up taking a lot longer than quoted. Also, seat covers are way behind! I'm in the same boat as SFEbody, ordered my seat covers right at the first of August. Last word I got (a couple of weeks ago) was that they still don't have the upholstery material needed for them, and no idea how much longer it will take! I'm starting to think I still won't have them when the car show season starts!

Last edited:

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Love seeing another "27" saved. I'll be looking forward to its progress

jujuka

Reaction score
Congrats! Nothing is better than starting the body work on your ride except getting it back all nice and new! Weather stripping is an issue also. I'm still waiting on a may / 21 order. Also seemed like it was quite a wait on wiring harnesses. I did get my upholstery last month from legendary. after a 6 month wait.
I gotta know what color and power plant you're going with. Keep us updated.

heminut

Reaction score
Weather stripping is an issue also. I'm still waiting on a may / 21 order.
Have you checked Detroit Muscle? I got all the weatherstripping for my Cuda back during the summer when I had it repainted. Everything I ordered was in stock at that time.

jujuka

Reaction score
Thx heminut. I saw your post and checked but they didn't have them.
I'm pretty sure they're on one of the container ships off the socal coast!

Tor-Red

Reaction score
It's a good idea to fit all the Chrome and body panels at the final primer before you paint

Brcuda7t1

Reaction score
LOL no I'm lucky he is making this his priority. it will go back to its original Curious yellow. i stopped by Friday - Hood was already in for primer

Attachments

• Carls 1.jpg
    Carls 1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 160
  • carls 2.jpg
    carls 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 161

Brcuda7t1

Reaction score
Congrats! Nothing is better than starting the body work on your ride except getting it back all nice and new! Weather stripping is an issue also. I'm still waiting on a may / 21 order. Also seemed like it was quite a wait on wiring harnesses. I did get my upholstery last month from legendary. after a 6 month wait.
I gotta know what color and power plant you're going with. Keep us updated.

Brcuda7t1

Reaction score
Year one just sent out the seat buns so only hold up is the seat covers :( I'll have to order my wiring harnesses, I've decided to replace all of them

I'm rebuilding the number matching 318 with the original 904 behind it. it will never be my daily driver again

Brcuda7t1

Reaction score
it is fast i was surprised, but hes really excited about working on it, he didn't like Plymouth because of Richard Petty getting in an accident drag racing. but said hes over it and cant wait to get it done. He certainly is a character.

Same thing with the interior guy, stopped doing convertible tops 20 years ago, but wants to do mine.

Brcuda7t1

Reaction score
This is what she looked like when I bought her in 1983 I've never see her in the right paint always primer.

Attachments

• Barracuda 1983.jpg
    Barracuda 1983.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 161
Back