• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 N96 340 4 spd cuda

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Stopped by my local Summit Racing and picked these up today, I had a $100 in discount coupons so that paid the tax and didn't have to worry about shipping. The 450 wheels should be painted next week.... the wheels are getting painted Orange and I decided to upgrade the tire size from the correct E60-15 to F60-15.

View attachment 36356

View attachment 36357

001.JPG

003.JPG

68GSS440

Reaction score
The car is anxiously waiting for the 450 wheels to get painted, I decided to upgrade to a set of the Goodyear Polyglas F60-15's, instead of the E60-15's. I know it's not the correct size ......but at least their the correct type of tires.
i didn't know the E60 tires were available. when my brother and other friends were restoring AAR Cudas, they weren't being made, so they used F60 & G60 on their cars. one of them even modified the F to look like an E.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
i didn't know the E60 tires were available. when my brother and other friends were restoring AAR Cudas, they weren't being made, so they used F60 & G60 on their cars. one of them even modified the F to look like an E.

I don't know how long they have been made but the funny thing is that the E60-15's cost $369.95 each and the F-60-15's are $299.96 each at Summit Racing, Not that I'm on a tight budget but to spend an additional $280.00 for a smaller size tire seemed crazy especially since the car won't be O.E. Judged where correct tire size matters. Plus a little bigger tire just looks better.

68GSS440

Reaction score
I don't know how long they have been made but the funny thing is that the E60-15's cost $369.95 each and the F-60-15's are $299.96 each at Summit Racing, Not that I'm on a tight budget but to spend an additional $280.00 for a smaller size tire seemed crazy especially since the car won't be O.E. Judged where correct tire size matters. Plus a little bigger tire just looks better.
i think the F60 mold is pretty old, has been well used and the cost of the mold has been amortized where as the E60 mold is fairly new and the tire is not as popular as the F60, so that might explain why it costs more.......
or i may just be full of ****, LMAO

76orangewagon

Reaction score
i think the F60 mold is pretty old, has been well used and the cost of the mold has been amortized where as the E60 mold is fairly new and the tire is not as popular as the F60, so that might explain why it costs more.......
or i may just be full of ****, LMAO
It makes sense.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Tires are all painted and mounted. My wife said I should have painted them Black !!!!

I also put on replaced the 390/40R17 M&H with 345/40R17 Toyo Proxis on the Duster.

006.JPG
010.JPG
013.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG
030.JPG
048.JPG
051.JPG
053.JPG

68GSS440

Reaction score
Tires are all painted and mounted. My wife said I should have painted them Black !!!!
both cars look GREAT. didn't you say your 'Cuda is an early build and coded for body color wheels? black wheels was an early 1971 calendar year option, IIRC.... so not only does your car look correct, it looks GREAT. it'll have enough contrasting black if you decide to put the vinyl top back on. if you do, make sure and paint the entire roof, not just the edges like the factory did. it will help better protect it from future rust under the BVT.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
QUOTE="68GSS440, post: 76533, member: 7169"]both cars look GREAT. didn't you say your 'Cuda is an early build and coded for body color wheels? black wheels was an early 1971 calendar year option, IIRC.... so not only does your car look correct, it looks GREAT. [/QUOTE]

Thank you.....Actually it is a fairly late build 430 (April 30, 1971) and according to MMC Detroit.... March 15, 1971 was the change over date from body color to black and according to the broadcast sheet they should be black. FYI, my motor should be Blue too...and I will make that correct.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Thanks guys ..Unfortunately I just sold the Duster and will be tearing down the 'Cuda for a rotisserie restoration this fall. I drove the Cuda 100 miles round trip this past weekend to a Mopar show in Chardon, Ohio, people thought I was nuts when I told them I was getting ready to restore it but they couldn't see the frame rust that needs to be fixed

IMG_5493.JPG

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
nice set of cars!!!! That duster looks nasty! I assume she gets to see a little track time!

76orangewagon

Reaction score
nice set of cars!!!! That duster looks nasty! I assume she gets to see a little track time!
The Duster is an awesome car..lots of power and handles great, maybe the new owner will take it down the track, I never got the chance.

Ghoulardi

Reaction score
That's a real special car with the shaker, billboards, 4-speed and that color. I like the wheels in body color too BTW. Not usually a fan of rear wings but it looks great on that car. Too bad about those frame rails. What would you be doing with it if those were not rotted?

It's a good thing my brother doesn't have it or he would be wanting to put a Hemi in it!

76orangewagon

Reaction score
That's a real special car with the shaker, billboards, 4-speed and that color. I like the wheels in body color too BTW. Not usually a fan of rear wings but it looks great on that car. Too bad about those frame rails. What would you be doing with it if those were not rotted?

It's a good thing my brother doesn't have it or he would be wanting to put a Hemi in it!

The wing was added by me back in 1990 and was not on the build sheet and not be going back on during the restoration. If the frame rails were in perfect condition I still would be tearing it down for a complete rotisserie restoration....Like you said "That's a real special car" and deserves to be restored and preserved as close to original as possible.

Ghoulardi

Reaction score
Sounds like you're going all out to duplicate every stamp, crayon mark and other notation as
originally built. I actually think it helps to be a little sloppy when applying some of these. On
many over restored cars it is painfully obvious that the markings are way too tidy and correct.
Maybe smear a few or apply some of them after a couple of days of sleep deprivation?

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Sounds like you're going all out to duplicate every stamp, crayon mark and other notation as
originally built. I actually think it helps to be a little sloppy when applying some of these. On
many over restored cars it is painfully obvious that the markings are way too tidy and correct.
Maybe smear a few or apply some of them after a couple of days of sleep deprivation?
I might try drinking a few Rum & Cokes before picking up the paint brush. that might make them look sloppy enough.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
I Just received my Carter 4972S Thermoquad Carburetor and DR 114429 Solenoid back from Scott Smith @ Harms Auto and must say I'm more than Impressed. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Two more missing pieces that will be waiting on the shelf for the restoration.

005.JPG
006.JPG
009.JPG
012.JPG
014.JPG
016.JPG
017.JPG

Back