• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger Grill

Buff Heard

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what original fastener the top 4 bolts where for the grill was?
I should say the header or the entire fiberglass header that holds the headlamps and grill.
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what you mean. The bolts attach to a type of nylon nut that is in the header panel.

Buff Heard

Reaction score
I should be more specific, the top 4 bolts that attach the grill to the frame. The looked like they have U nuts and should be 1/4' 3/8" OR 5/16". The look like they should be between 11/2 and 2" long. I am just trying to find the correct fasteners. Thanks

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
I should be more specific, the top 4 bolts that attach the grill to the frame. The looked like they have U nuts and should be 1/4' 3/8" OR 5/16". The look like they should be between 11/2 and 2" long. I am just trying to find the correct fasteners. Thanks

I have a spare grille in the garage, I'll dig it out tonight and take a pic of it and its fasteners.
I thought the long screws just drove straight into the plastic panel?

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
This is all I could find taped to the grill......... 2 of em 2" long, hope its of some help

image.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It does use screws. I don't have any pics. They go through the grille and into the header panel. The grille has holes that are predrilled and recessed for the screws. The header panel has nylon inserts that accept the screws. I haven't done a 72-74 in 18 years. I am going by memory. I do know someone who has a pic. I'll send this thread to him.

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
Yeah that makes sense Leo and 6pak, its been 10 years since i installed the last one but now you both say that i remember there being something set into the surround panel.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I got an answer from my friend Jim at JSrestorations (jsrestorations.com). He said to get this screw kit from Penstar Reproductions.

Screw kit.jpg

Buff Heard

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, i have everything but the two long screws, does anyone know what they are?

Last edited:
Back