• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Challenger

Ryan M

Reaction score
5C6D7471-D90C-4B9F-8E4E-91459E360549.jpeg
Hello,

I’m restoring a 73 Challenger that belonged to my dad. Sadly, my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer on August 5th of 2017 and passed away on November 25th.

Dad loved challengers and had a couple in the mid to late 70’s. I’ve uploaded a pic of his favorite one on this thread.

He sold his Challenger and got married in 1976, became a pastor and raised a family. He always wanted another Challenger and was able to buy a 73 a couple years ago. He started working on it but unfortunately he got sick and passed away before finishing it. I’ve got the car now and I’m going to restore it in his honor and keep it in the family. I wasn’t much of a car guy but I’ve really gotten into the car since starting this project. I feel a strong connection to my dad when driving the car.

I am in need of front bucket seats in order to complete the interior. Thanks for any advice you can offer me on restoring it.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
1st - Welcome to FEBO from NW CT. Lots of great, knowledgeable people on this site to help with any of your questions.
2nd - So very sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope it is some comfort to you to know he is now without pain and suffering.
3rd - Awesome picture with one badass Challenger! Love everything about that car!
4th - Nice to know Dad is your co-pilot when you drive your Challenger. Please post pics of that '73 - It's the price of admission here!
5th - Happy New Year!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from mid Mich. That is a cool pic of your Dad with his 71 Challenger. Sorry to hear about your Dad's passing and it is awesome that you are restoring the 73 in his honor. Have fun and I am sure that you will find those bucket seats soon.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard and sorry to hear about your Dad. Awesome picture too!!! I am glad this car will forever be a piece of your family for generations. Its funny to think a car can mean so much but they do . Nice looking car !!! Check with Tonys parts for seats, they are a sponsor here links to the right on home page

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
My thoughts are with you and yours on the passing of your father, so sorry. Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice Challenger.

Pamlico13

Reaction score
Welcome and I am sorry about your dad. As for parts you can get in touch with Steve Ivester who is located in lawndale NC. His number is (704) 538-8352 and his cell number is (704) 418-4374. He deals only in MOPAR and should be able to help you out. There is also a nice MOPAR swap meet and drag race in Farmington NC the Sunday after Mothers day each year so lots of used and NOS parts there.

Back