• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Cuda Rust-Challenged Resto

MoparArmyVet

Reaction score
I'll put as many pictures of my restoration as time allows. This was a Pennsylvannia car, so I knew it was gonna be a challenge. It is... But like most of us with gas in our veins and Mopar in our blood, that ain't stoppin' me! Good lck to all in your resto's!

Cuda25.jpg

Cuda1.jpg

Cuda2.jpg

Cuda4.jpg

Cuda40.jpg

P5170004.jpg

P5170005.jpg

Cuda Resto 9_25_11 037.jpg

Cuda Resto 9_25_11 040.jpg

Cuda Tires Engine 005.jpg

Cuda Tires Engine 001.jpg

Cuda Resto 9_25_11 014.jpg

Cuda Resto 9_25_11 015.jpg

P7080047.jpg

P7080048.jpg

P7140059.jpg

P7210061.jpg

P7210060.jpg

Last edited:

CudaKeith

Reaction score
Thanks for your service to both our Country and our hobby. I live in Pa., so I feel your same pain every time I start a new project. Good luck, and keep at it.

MoparArmyVet

Reaction score
Thanks! The engine was the easy part. I am replacing 3 of the 4 frame rails and putting a ladder bar / coil over system in the back. Want to keep the appearance but have the 29 x 18.5 x 15's in the back. Fortunately, I have a buddy that can narrow my rear axle tubes.
I enjoyed my 9 years in the Army...now my oldest son is in his 2nd tour in Afghanistan with the 82D Airborne. He too is bitten by the Mopar bug and tells me he will be on the hunt for a Dodge Demon when he gets back to restore. Thanks to all our veterans past and present. We do what the old farts in Washington won't do...defend our freedoms!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks for you and your families service to our great country!
I feel your rusty pain as I too reside in the rustbelt. You look like you have it going in the right direction though, keep up the good work!

a68postcar

Reaction score
OK Vet, You have my full undivided "AtennnnnnnnShuhn". (little army pun there) Like burntorange said, you got your work waiting to be cut out "by" you. go for it. This thing aint s#&t. If you need anything at all please, just ask. everybody sees or learns, something new in almost every thread here. There are some really cool folks here, so post up the car **** as often as possible! postcar.

MoparArmyVet

Reaction score
I'll post some more pictures after the holidays. Have welded in the new front frame rail and shock tower. (measure, measure, and measure again!). Wrapping up the firewall, then the front end will be rolled back into place and the re-assembly will begin. Making alot of panels myself with thicker metal. Feeld much stronger than factory. Merry Christmas to all and may all your toolboxes always have more tools than you need.

Back