• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 rallye dash question

pete9857

Reaction score
Does anyone know positively if you could get an 8000 tach in a 73 Cuda, 340, 4 speed? I'm restoring one and from all indications the dash is untouched.
thanks

pete9857

Reaction score
Yes Leo, fender tag, most of build sheet. So, I'm assuming there would be a code for an 8g tach? Or none available unless dealer installed when new? It was a special ordered car, so I figured anything is possible.
Thanks Leo

challenger6pak

Reaction score
No code for the tach. Are you sure you have a 73 cluster with an 8 grand tach? You could have a complete different and earlier cluster. I had a 73 Rallye that someone had changed the cluster out to an earlier one. The voltage limiters were poor pieces of equipment. When these cars were just used cars the clusters went out quite a bit. You would go get another at the junk yard.

pete9857

Reaction score
its not the 70-71 cluster, has reset knobs coming through clear bezels. all the needles are the excact shade of orange. yes on limiters, i worked on these cars when they were new!

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Sounds like someone just changed the tach. If there were any extra 8 grand tachs, they would have spilled over to a very early 72 and still would have not made it to a 73. I have never seen a factory 8 grand tach in a 72 either.

Back