• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

adding a leaf spring which one

74 challenger

Reaction score
ok so i bought new leaf springs and was disappointed in the out come. Challenger still low and i dont want to use the air shocks. So which spring on the old set do i use?I dont want to take them to a shop and let them decide for me. Thanks for any help.

Moparparts

Reaction score
If the place you bought the springs from is local i would have them re-arch them for you my friend is getting his done and it is not expensive. If the place is not local you could install gas charged load leveler shock absorbers to give you a bit of lift but usually they are not available by application for a lot of Mopar cars so you need to take your old shocks in and match them up with ones that will interchange. I believe the last ones i bought where listed for a light truck or station wagon and they work great for me been using them for a long time

moparleo

Reaction score
If possible, get the springs exchanged or redone to add a 2" lift from stock. They will relax down to level or a little above in a few months. Or quicker depeding on how much you drive it and how many dips or ruts you go through. You havee to exercize the springs to get them to settle. Just like hi rpms relax your valve springs.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Another option is coil overs. I am planning on using them as an adjustment tool and to raise up the back end a little. It will probably be a stiffer ride, but I'm okay with that. I also heard that switching out one of the springs (not sure which one, maybe someone here knows) with one from a heavier car is an option (super stock trick), but again it will be a stiffer ride. Sounds like re-arching the springs would be the best option for maintaining a comfortable ride. Let us know the results!

Back