• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Advice On Purchases

RexDub

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, My name is Rex and I'm going to start up a thread where people can ask question about vehicles they are looking at purchasing and get advice on them. Hopefully it catches on, and if not oh well I tried.

To start Off, I found a 1973 Challenger it's in fairly rough shape, needs quarters fenders, lots of body work, all glass (including cluster), Missing some parts. Would it be worth it to pick up this vehicle for 3000$? Let me know thanks.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
my advice is buy the most car you can afford , while anythng is savable , it can cost a fortune to fix a lot of rust & locate missing parts

74 challenger

Reaction score
parts are costly so i agree dont rush it took me 4 months[should off kept looking] economy is bad if your willing to wait you will find one. putting on quarters is not for the average joe and cars are a expensive hobby. ask a poor man

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Putting on quarters is not too bad. It looks like a lot at first. You have to break it down into sections and put it back together just like a puzzle. It takes patience.

Livetodrive

Reaction score
Been there done that!

Rex,

If you decide to take on a rusty project I'd suggest being strategic about it. It costs about the same to buy a 70/71 project as it does for a 73, costs about the same to restore, but when you finish, the 70/71 is a much more sought after car. I spent 6 years on my first challenger (a 73) and two years on my latest one (72). My golden rule is to never buy an incomplete car. With that said, I'll make you a great deal on the 72 if you want to go for a complete car?

RexDub

Reaction score
Awesome send me a pm! im looking for any challenger so ya 72 works please let me know thanks

Back