• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AMD bumpers

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an AMD rear bumper? How did it fit? My car came with some cheap aftermarket bumper and it was warped in the middle, like there was a 2 inch gap in between the filler and the bumper in the middle and it was pinched at the corners. I actually dinged my paint a little. So I took it off and pushed on the center, and CRACK!! The bumper broke in 2 pieces, and this is steel!! So I got online and started looking and ordered a brand new AMD rear bumper cause it says that it is the closest to original on the market. I just want to see if there is a fitment problem on these bumpers or not.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I have an AMD rear bumper on my 70 chally and the fit is perfect. The only thing is that the finish on the first one I got was terrible, they replaced it and the second one was much better. Got a Keystone front bumper and the fit and finish were excellent!

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Well, I ordered a new AMD rear bumper from Tamraz's here locally. We'll see how it looks and how it fits. If either is bad, It'll go back and I'll go with the Keystone.

mopar70

Reaction score
I got a AMD rear bumper from Summit Racing I ordered a couple months ago on my 70 challenger and the fit and finish is perfect.

mopar70

Reaction score
I don't have pictures but I made a video on youtube where you can look at the fitment.

Last edited by a moderator:

burdar

Reaction score
I've heard the AMD bumpers are driver quality. If you don't have an original to rechrome, go with Keystones. If you have a 73 or 74, and want to retain the bumper guards, don't go with the Keystones. They aren't correct.

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
All my cars get driven, no matter how rare. I don't need a "show" quality piece. I leave those for the museums. We'll see how the AMD looks when it gets here.

mopar70

Reaction score
I heard bad stuff before I bought mine but I took the chance and I am very happy and I would say its show quality. And I don't treat my car like a trailer queen I drive them just like moparmaniac don't matter how rare. If it was a really rare numbers car I would rechrome the original but I drive my car.

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Got the bumper. Holy cow what a huge difference!! It fit awesome and looks awesome. And the gap in the center is gone.

Back