• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anybody having problems with Layson’s??

skip69donzi

Reaction score
I ordered rear tail light bezel reflectors for
My 71 Challenger from Dave Layson Sept 21, 2022 and were back ordered. I kept emailing him checking up on an estimated delivery. I got a response from him Jan 3 2023 that they had “just arrived and should be getting out to everybody by the weekend” and…..
Two weeks later I got crickets 🦗 no response today, no delivery, no one answering the phone or returning message voice mails. And when calling Layson’s the greeting recording is an after hours greeting urging one to call back during regular normal business hours. Been that way everyday this week all-day-long. Anybody know what’s going on over there??? Should I be concerned?? I’m $139.80 out on cost. Is that the price of the lesson? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m reading all over the place that this is a problem everyone has. So what’s “everyone” doing about it? Just want my reflectors or my money back is all. Feel free to add encouragement either way….

Last edited:

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Great, I left him a voice mail yesterday as well as Dave. I sure appreciate it! 👍🏼

Bstoker87

Reaction score
I got my reflectors for my 71 close to 2 months ago after waiting 6-8 months, hope you get it worked out.

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Dang, I paid for mine back in September 2022 when he said he was outta stock. He returned my email with a notice that they just arrived and will be shipping out. That was Jan 3 2023. Now I think I’m gettin the runaround 🙄
Good grief!!! What am I supposed to do here? How hard is it to just be honest and talk to paying customers?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
Wow, you ordered a part and it took the business 16 months to respond?!? You have the patience of a saint!

I am totally appreciative of this forum so I know who NOT to purchase from.

Thank you for sharing!!!

BTW, I see you are in Missoura. You may want to head over to Rich Costello's in Robertsville (716 Rucker Road). He has that Mopar Graveyard video on YouTube. I understand he is looking to liquidate everything.

Good luck!

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Oh wow I didn’t know about that liquidation sale!! And yes I love this forum, these folks are awesome!!! It’s really great to have this membership family for our cars! So yea just Sept of 2022, ya had a typo on the introduction post lol! So the part that gets me is Dave wrote my parts came in and he’s shipping them out to all who ordered (paid in advance back-order). So that was 16 days ago when he emailed me that back. I give the benefit of the doubt but more and more I read how bad this company is with customer service. No phones being answered EVER! no massages being returned. And up until Jan 3 2023 Dave was responding to emails so. I heard about Rick being an employee there and is a forum member on here and was tagged. So I dunno what to think but inside want my reflectors I’ve paid and waited for, and told they were in and getting shipped i mean damn dude! 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🙄

Last edited:

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I ordered rear tail light bezel reflectors for
My 71 Challenger from Dave Layson Sept 21, 2022 and were back ordered. I kept emailing him checking up on an estimated delivery. I got a response from him Jan 3 2023 that they had “just arrived and should be getting out to everybody by the weekend” and…..
Two weeks later I got crickets 🦗 no response today, no delivery, no one answering the phone or returning message voice mails. And when calling Layson’s the greeting recording is an after hours greeting urging one to call back during regular normal business hours. Been that way everyday this week all-day-long. Anybody know what’s going on over there??? Should I be concerned?? I’m $139.80 out on cost. Is that the price of the lesson? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m reading all over the place that this is a problem everyone has. So what’s “everyone” doing about it? Just want my reflectors or my money back is all. Feel free to add encouragement either way….
Try to give them another call. I just talked with Dave this afternoon. Yesterday I got the after hours message but today I talked wiith the man himself. Good luck with getting your stuff.

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Try to give them another call. I just talked with Dave this afternoon. Yesterday I got the after hours message but today I talked wiith the man himself. Good luck with getting your stuff.
I’ve left him 2 emails and three voice mails this week. His voicemail greeting at Layson’s informed he would be back in the office on 1-20-23, today. I think I’m owed the courtesy for a reply. Any decent businessman would.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I’ve left him 2 emails and three voice mails this week. His voicemail greeting at Layson’s informed he would be back in the office on 1-20-23, today. I think I’m owed the courtesy for a reply. Any decent businessman would.
At the very least!:wtf::mob:

skip69donzi

Reaction score
At the very least!:wtf::mob:
Exactly. Well would you know it, I get a reply back from Dave last night. Big long drawn out examination that I was not included in the mail out of back orders. Only the inside pairs were abundant which he says he’s put in my box. But there wasn’t enough outer pairs to fill all the back orders. Either way he still should have emailed/called me to tell me my order wasn’t going to ship out as he said earlier. I’m not gullible and don’t believe a single word of it at this point. Wayyyyyyyy to long of an explainable reason not to contact me. And besides that, people have ordered and received theirs within the timeframe of my back order. I don’t ever see getting them. I wish there was another resource for these damn things or could restore these if possible???? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Katfish

Reaction score
It’s good to hear issues like this, makes others aware of which vendors to steer clear of

skip69donzi

Reaction score
It’s good to hear issues like this, makes others aware of which vendors to steer clear of
It is and I hate to bring misfortune to anyone. I’ve been very kind and patient and respectful all the way. His business needs much better customer service no doubt about it. I wasn’t aware of the customer service problems they had prior to my ordering those reflectors. I just thought I’d better order since I found a vendor. I hope it works out good.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Not sure if its just this hobby or all hobbies, but i have been 🪛🔩 over so many times by vendors and other people its really a wonder i even like cars anymore! Mitchell motor parts, brought a car in for restoration they lost my engine, ( almost lost the whole car, had to track it down) chroming places, friends, family, i should really write a book

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Not sure if its just this hobby or all hobbies, but i have been 🪛🔩 over so many times by vendors and other people its really a wonder i even like cars anymore! Mitchell motor parts, brought a car in for restoration they lost my engine, ( almost lost the whole car, had to track it down) chroming places, friends, family, i should really write a
Not sure if its just this hobby or all hobbies, but i have been 🪛🔩 over so many times by vendors and other people its really a wonder i even like cars anymore! Mitchell motor parts, brought a car in for restoration they lost my engine, ( almost lost the whole car, had to track it down) chroming places, friends, family, i should really write a book
I know what you mean. It’s happening so much around this high end hobby. The scammers have a high interest in what we do. And what we’d pay for our parts. I acquired my 71 Challenger from its owner due to a restoration shop he had left it with and them losing the original 383 motor and 727 Hp tranny to the car. So frustrated he dumped the car as a complete car minus Eng and Trans. It came with all new sheet metal that was bought for the car back in 2010. Every piece a sheet metal you can by for a 71 challenger. So I got a great deal of course and building the car I would have. 440-6 Pack Shaker w/ 4-speed and Dana STP 4.10 rear. Build is going well. With minimal hassles. I think Laysons will come through eventually. I don’t think they’ll rob me but I feel I’m on the bottom of the priority list and not holding my place in line. At least that’s how I feel about it with the lack of customer service. Anyhoo, I wait patiently……

BSG

Reaction score
I know what you mean. It’s happening so much around this high end hobby. The scammers have a high interest in what we do. And what we’d pay for our parts. I acquired my 71 Challenger from its owner due to a restoration shop he had left it with and them losing the original 383 motor and 727 Hp tranny to the car. So frustrated he dumped the car as a complete car minus Eng and Trans. It came with all new sheet metal that was bought for the car back in 2010. Every piece a sheet metal you can by for a 71 challenger. So I got a great deal of course and building the car I would have. 440-6 Pack Shaker w/ 4-speed and Dana STP 4.10 rear. Build is going well. With minimal hassles. I think Laysons will come through eventually. I don’t think they’ll rob me but I feel I’m on the bottom of the priority list and not holding my place in line. At least that’s how I feel about it with the lack of customer service. Anyhoo, I wait patiently……
Same here ordered mine wanna say June crickets as well no updates etc

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Same here ordered mine wanna say June crickets as well no updates etc
Well stay tuned and follow this post. I will help all I can and speak for the rest of us when I communicate with Dave. Keep the faith for now. He has been communicating with emails. I started my email thread with the email that has my receipt on it and go from there.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Yeah, ever since his arrest, then charges dropped, fiasco of 2008 I've stayed away from him. Sorry for the troubles you (and BSG) are having. Hope you get your parts soon. Maybe a little added compensation too for all this bull - but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
Did this have anything to do with the Aloha Automotive (Port Washington, WI) debacle around the same timeframe???

Back