• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone Build A Strut Front Suspension?

Fastfish408

Reaction score
Interested if anyone has built an E Body front suspension using struts in the stock shock location area?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have seen it done with coil overs in stock chassis , also common in Tube chassis builds to use full struts they have advantages & disadvantages with a lot more spring rate choices & the front wheel alignment doesn't change much using struts on drag cars as the wheels lift .
For a street car it is a real step backwards tho , first the weight is in a worse place for handling torsion bars are low & in the center of the chassis , second the chassis is not designed to take load on the inner fenders there so you either need to brace the mounting area & maybe add a bar over top of the engine to support the shock mount area or change the K frame configuration to hold a coil over such as RMS does , this also affects Ackerman angles & turning radius & might include using pinto brakes .
For the day the Mopar suspension was very well designed & can be tweaked to achieve close to 1 g cornering without really changing the design of the factory system instead just changing components of the system such as reinforcing the K frame & steering box mounts , stiffening the lower control arms , lower rad support & inner fender braces , adding offset bushings to the upper control arms , using much bigger T bars & tubular sway bars & premium double adjustable shocks & of course some much better quality rims & tires that are lighter & sticky.
I am not sure what your aim is by changing the system .

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Interesting I see they are tooling a new bracket to connect the tierod to using the Mopar spindles

Last edited:
Back