• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone here buy these M46 scoops?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Standard barracuda price range. No extra value with the exception of myself. It appears I pay 1-2 K too much each time I find one to buy. Sucker I guess.
72-74's are running in the 40's for a perfect car.
70 cuda's are in the 50's to 60's.
70 barracuda's appear to be in the 40's to 50's.
71's are 50's and up up up from there.
I'm talking restored cars or semi pro modded cars.
Obviously high end promods are in the 100K plus ranges.

I can honestly say there is very little value to the scoop option. I'm not after the scoop cars because I want to make a buck. I'm after them because I like scoops and I like ebodies. And no one has heard of the scoops and no one cars about them. So that makes for an easily collectible item in a world of enthusiasts that want nothing less than a BS model car.
Hell, my 70 M46 would beat most cars out there. A car is what you make it. 440/512 spooled 29's.
Just as good as any BS out there.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I was never a fan of them. They look like some sort of aftermarket Autozone stick scoop to me. Seems like most people do like them though.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Actually, most folks don't like them. Scoops are what really attracted me to mopars in the first place. They are the only manufacturer that has big gaudy scoops all over the cars.
I like scoops.
The less people like the scoops, the more likely I am to pick up one of these cars or a pair of scoops.
So, please, by all means keep disliking them. When you find a set at your swap meet, please buy them and let me know so I may purchase them from you! Sounds like a great plan to me......👌👍

Back