• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best Place to Get a Dash Pad Redone???

Grady Cain

Reaction score
There have been many discussions on this topic and what I can tell you is that it comes down to your budget. If you are concerned with quality over cost, Instrument Specialties (IMO) is the best out there. They did my T/A dash pad and it is absolute perfection but that quality comes at a price. I'm sure others will chime in here with further suggestions. Good luck...

DrEamer

Reaction score

I just received a quote from them, it will save you the trouble of doing it. Here is the email response.

Thank you for contacting us here at Just Dashes. Since 1981, we have been proud to assist thousands of car enthusiasts, like yourself, in restoring their vehicles' interior.

We understand that you have a 1970 Dodge Challenger. In order to guarantee that your parts will fit properly, we work off of your originals to restore them back to concours quality. You will need to send your parts into our shop for the restoration process.

(CLICK HERE to see how we do it)

Our current lead time is approximately 4 months from the time we receive your parts.

Here is an approximate cost of your restoration:

$1,250 Dash includes Just Dashes repro center speaker grill; SEE NOTES Re: cutting speaker and AC Holes
$150 Made with a mold, '70 ONLY
$5000-5500 FULL DASH ASSEMBLY: All Dash Pads, Carrier, Gauges, Bezels, Swtiches...remove the assembly from the vehicle, remove the wiring harness, and send as is. We'll send the assembly back ready to be installed.
$450-800 Dash Carrier: (Big Metal Frame Under Dash) includes GBD and Ashtray Door
~$1250-1500 Instrument Cluster: includes rebuilding and artwork on gauges

$100-$200 Color Match Fee

*No extra charge for black

+ Shipping

AUSTA

Reaction score
Just Dashes
Make sure you supply the core they wanted $500 to supply

$1250 Dash Restoration (in black)

$500 Provide core (center speaker, non AC) Ouch

plus Shipping and Handling to Western Australia TBD

We have a 4 month lead time from the moment you place your order.

If you want to place an order with us, click on the following link, and it will be sent to us so we can email you an invoice

Rdwsp

Reaction score
Gas Pros out of Texas 715 + core charge get that back when you send your original steel core in I'm waiting for mine when I get it I will take pictures and let you know how it fits great customer service

fastmark

Reaction score
If the “ gas pros” are out of El Paso, then they are the same company that was called ultimate rides. I’ve never had dealings with them but most of the ones they sold in the past are hit or miss. Sometimes they don’t fit well. They used plastic cores for awhile but that did not work out. They sold the dash under several different names. Good luck with the pad. Maybe they got better. The company called abc Moparts has sold a, b and c body pads for awhile and I think most were pleased with them. They just started an e body pad that might be ok. It’s a 71-74 pad though. It’s 795 plus a core. I think they took the new pad to the Nats this year. Maybe someone here saw it. I know you really can’t tell on a repop pad until you bolt it all together and install it. Then you’ll know if it fits. I’ve had several of the just dashes pads in my shop and they all look and fit perfect. I’ve never heard of any complaints on one of their pads. So, the bottom line is this. The Just Dashes pad is $500 more to get one that is going to be correct. When you look at the overall price of a restoration, $500 is pocket change. These cars are just expensive. No way out of that. Save some heartache and send it to Just Dashes and be done with it.

moparleo

Reaction score
That's right. How much does it cost for the one that you are not happy with and then have to send to someone else to get it right....
Remember this old saying : " The Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten. "

Rdwsp

Reaction score
If the “ gas pros” are out of El Paso, then they are the same company that was called ultimate rides. I’ve never had dealings with them but most of the ones they sold in the past are hit or miss. Sometimes they don’t fit well. They used plastic cores for awhile but that did not work out. They sold the dash under several different names. Good luck with the pad. Maybe they got better. The company called abc Moparts has sold a, b and c body pads for awhile and I think most were pleased with them. They just started an e body pad that might be ok. It’s a 71-74 pad though. It’s 795 plus a core. I think they took the new pad to the Nats this year. Maybe someone here saw it. I know you really can’t tell on a repop pad until you bolt it all together and install it. Then you’ll know if it fits. I’ve had several of the just dashes pads in my shop and they all look and fit perfect. I’ve never heard of any complaints on one of their pads. So, the bottom line is this. The Just Dashes pad is $500 more to get one that is going to be correct. When you look at the overall price of a restoration, $500 is pocket change. These cars are just expensive. No way out of that. Save some heartache and send it to Just Dashes and be done with it.
It's not gas Pros Dash Pros

aussiemark

Reaction score
If money is tight you could just fit a dash cap for now and do it properly latter. I bought one and it fits like a glove you can't tell it's a cap by looking at it only when you scrape your finger nails on it you realize it is there and no modifications or further damage is needed to fit it and they only cost $100.

Sal C

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread. I went the Dashpad Pro route. Helpful and nice. Went with the original steel frame and sent them my core after it arrived. Looks beautiful...

20190103_094824.jpg

Back