• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Convertible Dash Wiring - Advice

doubleyellow

Reaction score
2 questions on convertible harness connections in dash:

1. Do I have the Red and Red/Tracer in the right spots of the fuse block?

2. Does the other end Red/Tracer wire connect to Amp Gauge in Rallye Cluster?

Again, I'm trying to go by the old wiring diagrams in the manual, but need to be sure so as not to fry the car.

Thanks
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0528.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG

Slotts

Reaction score
Sorry, I missed this one, yesterday.

1. Yes, you have the wiring located in the right positions. Red with black tracer is in the upper right hand corner when looking at the back or terminal insertion locations.

2. The solid red convertible ring connects to the R side of the alternator gauge. I believe this was done to not have that much of a load go across the alternator gauge. The main feed to the R on the alternator gauge is actually straight from the battery via the starter relay and in on bulkhead terminal 16. The Red with black tracer from the circuit breaker feed to the center input terminal of the up/down switch.

If you find that your top switch is not re-centering to the off position, or may be tripping the circuit breaker while the top is moving, causing stops and starts between the full travel up or down, I do restore those. :thumbsup:

Jim

John Hanephin

Reaction score
I have a 1970 cuda convertible and all of a sudden the top is doing what you described above, starts and stops while holding the switch either up or down. Is this a switch problem or circuit breaker. If it is a circuit breaker where is it located.
Thanks

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I have a 1970 cuda convertible and all of a sudden the top is doing what you described above, starts and stops while holding the switch either up or down. Is this a switch problem or circuit breaker. If it is a circuit breaker where is it located.
Thanks
@Slotts

Back