• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

could use some help

rob-dirt

Reaction score
working on a 73 challenger have no parking lights Front or rear also no tag light -but have headlight if i run the switch between parking light and head lights they work ( its not the switch ) unless its possible to have 5 bad ones -also no dash lights could be a related problem ? any ideas anybody else have this problem any help would be great

Reaction score
I assume you checked the fuses? On many vehicles back in the day if the taillight fuse blew it killed the dash lights as an "indicator." I know on a couple vehicles I had the fuse that was blown was not the one you thought it would be...

rob-dirt

Reaction score
yep shure did that was the first thing i did - next i ran a ground in the trunk to the tail light houseing,s and cleaned the ground by the battery and where it mounts beside the rad = that grounds the wireing for the front :dontknow:

74 challenger

Reaction score
my dimmer switch was bad,that is why my dash lights did not work.Did you check your fuse on both sides with a light?Did you check the power at your headlight switch with it still hooked up?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
start tracing the power from source through the switches & bulkhead plugs headlights are nto fused but the rest are , dash lights go through the dimmer switch & I would bet that is the problem there , you can just run a jumper from the wire in to the wire out to fix that , most people run the dash lights at full power anyway

rob-dirt

Reaction score
start tracing the power from source through the switches & bulkhead plugs headlights are nto fused but the rest are , dash lights go through the dimmer switch & I would bet that is the problem there , you can just run a jumper from the wire in to the wire out to fix that , most people run the dash lights at full power anyway

Yep U were Right wow many thank,s to all of you guy for your help :wave: going to post something that may help outhers in the future

73ChallengerB.JPG

Back