• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electrical Problem (I think)

Shut

Reaction score
Hello to all,

When I push the brake pedal the front left turn signal and the dash left indicator its turn on. And when I turn the steering wheel the horn sounds....

Can you help me with this problem please??

Thanks and best regards

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, and you are experiencing one of Mopars' major deficiencies of the muscle car era. Electrical gremlins. Most of your problem originates in the steering column. You need to remove the steering wheel to gain access to the turn signal switch. I suspect you have a short in the switch. One of the best things that you can do to eliminate chasing electrical problems in the future is to check all of the grounds in the electrical system. Start at the front ( or rear ) and disconnect, clean, add dielectric grease and reconnect each connection at the bulk head, bulb socket, all grounding points . You might as well replace all of your bulbs at this time. Do not use Asian import bulbs. Use either US made or German made nickel plated bulbs. ( BMW, Mercedes type etc. ..) If the turn signal switch looks old or original, replace it now, while you have access.

Shut

Reaction score
Solved the electrical problem. thanks to all

Shut

Reaction score
I need to change the turn signal
Switch, flasher relays.... And to find a derivation in the electric circuit. With this derivation when you push the brake pedal the left turn light is turn on....

The real problem is the ground of the front turn signal lamps....

And the last electrican man dont find the ground problem and make this derivation...

Back