• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Engine mount not low enough

Playtimefun

Reaction score
Good day folks....

Tried to get 340 into the cuda and for some reason, I cannot get the passenger motor mount to come down the extra 1/2" that's needed. The driver side went in with no problems. Anybody else run into this issue before and what did you do?

I mounted the mounts to the block and tightened them there but should they be lose? And it's not hitting the oil pan anywhere.

20230706_215307.jpg

20230706_215248.jpg

20230702_152919.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
It's a pain in the butt, but you're better off leaving the nuts and bolts loose on the block. That way there's more play in everything and it lines up better. It's also possible the motor mount pin isn't lining up with the hole in the k-frame and the loose bolts will help.
Years ago I got a motor mount that just wouldn't fit no matter what. It was made in Indonesia. A mount made in USA fixed that problem.

Playtimefun

Reaction score
Well thats the annoying part of this all. It's the same motor mounts from when the motor was in the car. All I did do was tighter to the block this time.

But I suspect that you have to be right as it's the only thing that makes sense.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Losen up the bolts on the engine and it'll probably drop right in place. At least you know they fit before!

Adam

Reaction score
Loosen the bolt thru the motor mount on the driver’s side and jack up the driver’s side. The motor is probably not sitting level.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Loosen the bolt thru the motor mount on the driver’s side and jack up the driver’s side. The motor is probably not sitting level.
As Adam said: not level. put a pin or screw driver or smaller bolt in the one that lines up. pick it up a little and sit it down,may take a few tries. also try to pick up on driver side a little with pin in..

Playtimefun

Reaction score
Finally got it. Tried lifting and setting it 10 times... nope. Sat back... poured a rum... and went WTF.

Figured... one side us perfect so I undud the mounts to the block so they were completely loose and put it down again. Motor mounts fit perfectly then. Could thread the bolts through by hand. But it did touch and very slightly dent the side of the top edge of the oil pan.

The little things huh lol.

And reading back through... just as Xcudame said. Lol

Back