• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FABO====>>FEBO!!

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
"Hello, I'm Righty and I'm a Mopar owner!"

"Hi Righty...."

So here I am, transplanted from FABO to FEBO after purchasing a '74 Barracuda. Originally it was a 318 car, but someone got the bright idea to drop a 440 six barrel into it. Awww shucks.... It had been sitting for about 10 years, so obviously I have some work to do before she's on the road again. From what I can see, the engine looks pretty fresh. I scoped the cylinders and they look like they came from the machine shop yesterday. Oil looked good (changed it anyway), trans fluid looks good (gonna change it anyway), carbs are clean as a whistle.

I'm fairly new to the game, bought my '71 Scamp about 2 years ago and rebuilt the engine (318LA), among lots of other things like rebuilt front end, rear end swap, etc. If FABO taught me anything, it's that the Mopar community is a great bunch of guys and gals, always there to help, teach, support, and even give you a hard time when it's needed. I don't expect FEBO to be any different, so I'm looking forward to this new chapter. Having said all that, I'm gonna have a LOT of questions here, so I come with my hat in my hand, humble and eager to learn. Hopefully someday I'll be able to pass on some wisdom that I've gained to keep these beautiful cars on the road and out of the scrap yards.

Happy driving!!
Mike

1o3jBtp9RFqxbxsHGC45hA.jpg

j1RGVSA4QT+8pazwo2XMdA.jpg

rZdDVEO3S6WDXKM8CVWq4Q.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Righty, welcome to FEBO from Michigan! Glad you joined up.
Great bunch of people here and we are here to help you out. What's your plans for the Barracuda?

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Righty, welcome to FEBO from Michigan! Glad you joined up.
Great bunch of people here and we are here to help you out. What's your plans for the Barracuda?
Thanks!!

My plans for the Barracuda aren’t too lofty, I’d really just like to make it a fun, reliable, FAST car. The previous owner laid the groundwork for speed, I just need to take the ball and run with it. Most of the time it’ll be street driven, maybe once or twice I’d like to see what it’ll do at the track.

Interior and paint are also priorities, but I need to just take things one day at a time.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Panama Mike
Fire away with the questions , glad to help .
Good to see you bought Coopers instead of the usual bfgarbage .

Cojohnso

Reaction score
I'm on three. A,B and E. The difference between A and E? Put another 0 at the end of the prices? (Besides the site design is worse here in E-body?)

Corys Mopars.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
She's a dirty girl, Righty... just how I like 'em. 😁

Welcome to here. We're glad you could join us.

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
I'm on three. A,B and E. The difference between A and E? Put another 0 at the end of the prices? (Besides the site design is worse here in E-body?)

View attachment 80900
Those are some beauties! I agree, so far it seems like the site design is a little better on FABO. Then again I'm not sure if it's just because that's what I'm used to or what, but when you mentioned it, it got me thinking that it's not just me...

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado!

Paint doesn't look too bad on her. Polish and buff and it'll shine.
What's the details on the car? Happen to be a d21 car? G code, but I know they made some manual 318's.
Keep us updated with pics! Sweet ride !!

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado!

Paint doesn't look too bad on her. Polish and buff and it'll shine.
What's the details on the car? Happen to be a d21 car? G code, but I know they made some manual 318's.
Keep us updated with pics! Sweet ride !!
Thanks! The paint is pretty faded, but I think you're right. With a little TLC it won't look too bad. I'm not crazy about the color, but that'll be an easy fix down the road. Right now I'm focusing on making sure everything is mechanically sound, then I'll get to cosmetics.

I'm still learning how to read the fender tag, and what means what, and also the owner's story didn't provide a whole lot of information. From what I can tell, it was born a 318 auto, had a sports package, heat (but no AC), tinted windows, and a power disc/drum setup. I don't know what rear it came with, but it now has an 8.75 with 2.96 (or 2.93?) Sure Grip. The owner said he got it around 1994 and pulled the 318 to drop in a 440-6BBL at some point when he owned it. He said he was trying to tune it one day, and the engine revved super high on its own, so he shut it down and parked it. Been sitting since. That didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Here's a pic of the fender tag, apologies for not cleaning it up yet. I've tried some different sites to decode the tag, but I get a lot of "unknown" results when I input the digits. I'll pull it off at some point and put it on the wire wheel to clean off all those layers of paint and dirt...

fullsizeoutput_8e7.jpeg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Frosty green metallic under a white vinyl top with a standard vinyl Green and white interior. That is a stunning look. The green and white interior makes that color exterior. Great match for green.

sport decor package is pretty cool. A51
front disc, power drum
console with bucket seats
All windows tinted glass. This would also look good with the green and white combo.
left hand racing chrome mirror
airconditioning with front heater
Three speed wipers
inside hood release
sport hood (also included in the a51 package)
drip through moldings
sill moldings
wheel well moldings (also included in the a51 package)
coolant recovery system
Tachometer
am radio 2 watt
Longitudinal sport stripe in white (A51 again) Awesome look with the green and white combo's
26" radiator
L2 is end of codes on assembly line two
499, top right, You got me. I've not seen that one before.

does anyone know what that number means?

Sweet car! Really optioned well. And the color set up is a really cool and pretty unique color.

Back