• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

fender tag reproduction.....

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a company out there that is reproducing the fender tags? My 71 challenger did not have one when I bought it and I would like to get one made. I'm not sure what all goes on it, but I can at least get close, as I do have the correct VIN and title to show it. Does anyone know a cost to do it too?

Adam

Reaction score
Yes, they are available for about $120. but without the codes from a build sheet it would be completely inaccurate... What kind of options did your car have, starting with eng & trans? Is this for the green 71?

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I got one made by Marti Autoworks in AZ. I had a build sheet for the car but even then there's some info on the tag that can't be gotten off the sheet. It cost me $100 bucks because I had it expedited and they're normally $75, at least that's what they were a couple years ago. Excellent quality!

jeff968

Reaction score
I had a build sheet for the car but even then there's some info on the tag that can't be gotten off the sheet.

When it comes to a 1971 Challenger, there is nothing on the tag that can't be found on the broadcast sheet.

cv70chall

Reaction score
I am interested in having one done, too, as mine was missing (area was completely rusted out).
My options off sheet:

340 V8/ Auto
A/C
Color: Hemi Orange Met.
Black stripe option
Interior: Black

Can I get this guy's contact info?

Avalanche

Reaction score
I got one made by Marti Autoworks in AZ. I had a build sheet for the car but even then there's some info on the tag that can't be gotten off the sheet. It cost me $100 bucks because I had it expedited and they're normally $75, at least that's what they were a couple years ago. Excellent quality!

Dosen't Marti only do Fords?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
When it comes to a 1971 Challenger, there is nothing on the tag that can't be found on the broadcast sheet.

Marti did a very nice job on one for a '71 Charger R/T for me and I was referred to them by David Radcliff over at Roseville Moparts. I swear one of the numbers on the tag wasn't found on the sheet though.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Was the number the radiator size? I think the sheet has a number where the tag has the size.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
No, I didn't realize that all the numbers that were on the tag were also found on the sheet in '71. Earlier tags had a gate number on them which wasn't found on the sheet but that may have been '69 only and may even have been plant specific as well.

jeff968

Reaction score
Was the number the radiator size? I think the sheet has a number where the tag has the size.

You'll only find the "26" for 26" radiator on the 70-71 e-body tag. You would not see an 18 for an 18" radiator. On the sheet you will see the last 3 digits of the radiator part number and a quick check of the parts book will tell you the size. Then, certain packages and engines came standard with a 26" radiator. For example, every 70 340 has a 26" 2998374. A36 was the axle package that came with a 26" radiator.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
So it is as I thought. The sheet has a radiator number where the tag has the radiator size. Thanks.

Back