• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front Shock Mount

luft29

Reaction score
Hi, I’m in need of some help mounting Kyb front shocks. Do I need to replace the factory upper shock bushings or use the rubber grommets that came with the shocks, if I use the ones that came with the shocks do I need to remove the factory ones first or do you use both, sorry if this a dumb question,

luft29

Reaction score
Hi, I’m in need of some help mounting Kyb front shocks. Do I need to replace the factory upper shock bushings or use the rubber grommets that came with the shocks, if I use the ones that came with the shocks do I need to remove the factory ones first or do you use both, sorry if this a dumb question,
Anyone?

moparleo

Reaction score
The rubber bushings have to not be rock hard. They are designed to "give" when pressure is applied to them. If they are they originals they are probably rock hard. Just cut them out ( the originals are one piece) and use the new 2 piece bushings. Tighten until the bushing is about the same size as the washers. Not too loose but not too tight either. Use a lock nut.

Back