• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Full disk Brake conversion kits

vanman03

Reaction score
I have a 1974 Dodge challenger and was looking to convert my rear drum brakes to disk. Does anyone know of a good conversion kit to run with? Am looking for better stopping power! My current setup has front disk power brakes with drums in the rear. Let me know what setup are the best.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Doctor Diff has a good rear brake kit , front can be modified to use Viper calipers , Hydro boost will give an improved brake feel & performance , you will need a adjustable proportioning valve to balance brake pressure like the 5 line Wilwood

Yatzee

Reaction score
Actually if you research this subject you will find many professionals consider this swap a waste of money because
the real, only advantage is for looks but doesn't really improve braking or your cash flow. Remember that the rear
system only does 20% of the braking and that's really to prevent nose dive and a loose rear end on hard stops.
I run disk/drum and find the stopping power is just like newer cars less the cost of parts and the headache of
hanging a new parking brake system. It's my opinion your dollars would be better invested in a Hydro system
and all the benefits that come with it. Done on a budget ( auto recyclers aquisition ) you'll save so much that
you can put Bilstein shocks all round. These shocks will definitely aid in control on panic stops.

Back